Quantcast

Easy Diets

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Ok, im to big. I want to be smaller. Not as "Plump":)

Whats a way to do it. Follow a book , or just stop eating all the goodies?

I mean. I have a slimfast in the morning on the way to school

11:30, have a Giant pretzel with no salt for lunch. Usually a 24oz pepsi that i make last for 1 hour or so.

Come home, have a pack of grahm crackers, or saltine crackers, and a pepsi... snack here and there, but only little stuff.

Dinner is usually something good, Fast food or take out Japenease or chinese, or sometimes pass it all up and have some pretzels all night followed by 2 more sodas

then i sleep.

It dosnt seem like alot, but on days i am hungry, esspically when im bored, i eat and eat. What can i do to stop?

:help: :help:

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
stop eating all those Carbs. that is about all the help I can offer.

You could try the Hollywood diet in a bottle and lose 10 pounds overnight, but that stuff can't be safe. I imagine that a gallon of prune juice or a box of ex-lax would do the same thing.

Scotty

Chimp
Jul 9, 2001
Delaware
stop drinking soda and just drink water. I know two people you just recently did this. they didn't lose a whole lot of weight but they feel 10 times better. this should give you some extra energy to exercise.

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
Originally posted by Yeti DHer

It dosnt seem like alot, but on days i am hungry, esspically when im bored, i eat and eat. What can i do to stop?

:help: :help:
yeah lose the sodas and start drinking lots o water. if you drink about a liter of water when you start getting hungry, it'll fill you up to some degree.
if you switch out the refined flour based stuff for things like sprouted grain bread or flaxseed bread (available in hippie stores) that stuff is not only good for you (fiber etc) , it will fill you up and keep you full longer, as it takes a lot longer to digest.
Kinda like Heidi said, taper your meals down later in the day--- try a bigger breakfast of some sort, a decent sized lunch and do the slim-fast for dinner, or get some met-rx mix or something (they tend to mix into a bigger volume shake that is quite a bit thicker and will -- again-- fill you up more.)

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by aragorn
I bought "Choose to Lose" "A Food Lovers Guide to Food".

Great book, explains things, easy reading and a real eye opener some of the stuff in there. Also included are some fast and easy menus for decent food.

I am 5'-9" and I went from 190 to 170 pounds by following some of the guide lines listed. At 170 I am getting "Ripped" with the Gym work this winter. Even my Wife notices and has commented several times, along with my employee's.

Right now I could probably lose another 10 pounds before the road season starts, but with the weight I am at now I can power over the rollers and sprint like a demon.

Lesson # 1 read the labels on the food.
# 2 Keep it under 400 fat calories a day

Once you lose the weight you will feel great!

Good Luck
Thanks for the help. I Plan to go out and check out books ASAP! Thanks people!!

nite rider

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Medford, MA
if you want to get smaller.. def lay off the carbs and the soda.. it's packed with sugar you don't need. It will only give you less energy in the long run.
Eat oatmeal in the morning and a protein shake (try Ultimate Nutrition Prostar Whey- this **** is the bomb). Have an apple or some nuts as a snack before lunch. Eat lunch (small).. then another snack followed by dinner. The trick is to graze! You ever see a fat goat? They are lean because they eat all day long. Eating small meals will keep your metabolism up which will burn the fat. However, you need to work out also. Strength training is key to toning up. Check out my site for more info. www.mtbmind.com If you want some protein, my sponsor is giving anyone an extra 5% off his wholesale prices.

good luck.