Quantcast

effing drunk kills a cyclist

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
She was only caught due to a sharp eyed Fire Dept Battalion Chief that recognized that things did not add up and discovered the rider and got the Biatch arrested

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Bicyclist-killed-in-hit-and-run-crash-in-Orange-5199728.php

RANGE, Calif. (AP) — An 18-year-old Orange County woman was arrested on suspicion of driving drunk and killing a bicyclist in a hit-and-run crash after a sharp-eyed fire department official spotted her driving with a severely damaged windshield, authorities said.

Sommer Gonzales was taken into custody Sunday in a parking lot while unloading items from her Toyota into a friend's car, California Highway Patrol Officer Todd Kovaletz said.

Gonzales was due to appear in court in Santa Ana on Monday. It was unclear if she had a lawyer.

Less than two hours earlier, Orange County Fire Authority Battalion Chief Marc Stone was on his way to work when he spied the Toyota with a badly damaged windshield driving in the opposite direction in Orange, Stone said. He thought the driver may have hit a deer.

"I don't know how the person was driving the vehicle. The roof was caved in and the piece of metal that goes from the engine up to the roof was all bent in," he said in a phone interview.

Stone slowed his car and began scanning the roadside. After a few miles, he spotted some tumbleweed in the road that looked like it had been crushed by a car and then saw a black bicycling shoe on the side of the road, he said.

"The road was very clean except for that one weird area. It just stood out," he said.

Stone did a U-turn, pulled over and found an unresponsive man wearing bike gear who had been thrown over a guardrail near a bridge. Stone called 911, and an alert was issued for the damaged Toyota.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am