Quantcast

.^. Effing Monderping GMT.^.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Roads shall be a shitshow.

Minor drama last afternoon:

At least two cars wrecked on the ice causing that backup. Forester backwards and 4Runner forwards, iirc.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i'm here too. My bowels are working mostly well again, thanks for asking. Too bad I gummed them up again drinking cheap whiskey last night.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

In four months on the road, we had our first big uh oh moment over the weekend. Was driving through NY into CT when the GPS tells us to get onto the Merritt Parkway. All fine and dandy of course until the myriad of signs on the on-ramp alerted us to the fact that we are several feet taller than the shortest bridge. Ruh roh. Had to call the police and suffer through their indignant behavior to escape the jam.

And now I’m hyper sensitive watching for low bridges.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Mornin!

In four months on the road, we had our first big uh oh moment over the weekend. Was driving through NY into CT when the GPS tells us to get onto the Merritt Parkway. All fine and dandy of course until the myriad of signs on the on-ramp alerted us to the fact that we are several feet taller than the shortest bridge. Ruh roh. Had to call the police and suffer through their indignant behavior to escape the jam.

Better before, than after.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mornin!

Shouldn't those signs be before you've committed to getting onto it?

But hey, at least you didn't end up on YouTube or something. :busted:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

There's doughnuts in the break room if anyone is hungry.

It was a slugtastic weekend...I may have exerted my lowest caloric output for any given stretch of weekend, ever. I regret none of it.

Here we go, Monday. You ready for me? I'm well-rested.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Mornin!

come to Durham! there are no low bridges here :busted:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How the fuck did I end up working for a weak product executive who's lack of leadership lets others dictate what we do or not, again??

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Mornin!

look on the bright side. unlike so many others on youtube you actually know how tall your rig is and can read and understand warning signs :cheers:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mornin!

Local pd or staties?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
look on the bright side. unlike so many others on youtube you actually know how tall your rig is and can read and understand warning signs :cheers:
This is true. I’ve watched enough box trucks and campers peel their roofs off on low bridges that I’d rather not join the club.

Local pd or staties?
A community police officer according to the car, so I guess local? I didn’t see any town name on the side of the car, which seemed a bit weird.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon primates. Long weekend for me = lots of fall chores! Spent the morning canning homemade apple butter, roasting sugar pumpkins and acorn squash (making stuffed squash for dinner and pumpkin puree for turkey day). My house smells amazing! Off to finish clearing some space in the freezer for the 1/2 pig we ordered....the deliciousness gets delivered tomorrow! I've been out hunting a little, but no luck. I did not see the large black bear that my neighbor saw as he was walking the ridge in the back yard...perhaps I'll get a bear this year?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Here in CO, Costco had to pick *one* warehouse in the entire state to sell liquor.

Luckily, it's the warehouse that's like 4 miles from our house.

:homer:
That's not entirely true. The state is pretty restrictive, but I think it's like one per "region" or county, or some shit like that. The Costco by our house sells booze, but not the one on North Nevada.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That's not entirely true. The state is pretty restrictive, but I think it's like one per "region" or county, or some shit like that. The Costco by our house sells booze, but not the one on North Nevada.
Most of the warehouses around here have non-Costco liquor stores "attached" to them - does the one by your house have Kirkland-brand booze?

Whatever the case, fucking liquor laws here are retarded. :D

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Most of the warehouses around here have non-Costco liquor stores "attached" to them - does the one by your house have Kirkland-brand booze?

Whatever the case, fucking liquor laws here are retarded. :D
Ya know what, I think you're correct. It is a separate entity and you don't have to be a member to buy there.

But yeah, some 18th century puritan bullshit, either way.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ya know what, I think you're correct. It is a separate entity and you don't have to be a member to buy there.

But yeah, some 18th century puritan bullshit, either way.
Yeah - it's completely moronic. There is a Safeway near Highlands Ranch that has an "Safeway Liquor" in it. And I think a King Soopers down in Cherry Creek. Oh - and the World Market down in Cherry Creek...

Don't ask me how I know these things. :homer: