Quantcast

eggs in the microwave

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've read about people cooking eggs in the microwave. While it sounds gross, it would be a good option for me at work. And it's gotta be basically what McDonalds and other fast food joints do, so...

Do I just scramble them up, pour them in a cup and nuke em?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
jacksonpt said:
I've read about people cooking eggs in the microwave. While it sounds gross, it would be a good option for me at work. And it's gotta be basically what McDonalds and other fast food joints do, so...

Do I just scramble them up, pour them in a cup and nuke em?

Yep. Actually if you get the right size tupperware (sp?) it comes out the perfect size for an English Muffin.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Yep. Actually if you get the right size tupperware (sp?) it comes out the perfect size for an English Muffin.
lol... I was thinking if I had any containers that were bagel sized.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I make a breakfast sammy every now and again by putting a slice of ham in a ceramic cereal bowl, putting a slice of cheese on the ham, adding an egg onto the cheese and scrambling it with the round side of a spoon so as not to damage the cheese or ham. I then add coarse pepper and mill-ground garlic to the egg and nuke it for 90 seconds. A follow-up scrambling is needed to ensure thorough cooking, then back in the nuker for 30 more seconds while putting my bread in the toaster. The mixture contracts into a circular shape and then easily slides out of the bowl onto the toast in one piece. By cooking the egg on top of the other ingredients, it does not come in contact with the bowl. Reason being, scrambled egg is hard as hell to clean off anything once it has been nuked. I personally prefer a seeded rye or a grainy wheat, but any bread will do.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i used to nuke my eggs in the morning too. ll is right, it is a bitch to clean egg off a bowl after its been nuked. for 3 egg whites i would just out them in a bowl and nuke for about 45 sec. pull them out, stir them up and then put them in for another 45 sec. they are usually done after this. let me give a word of advice though, they make my house stink so if you are worried about smells that carry in the office, get ready, you've found one.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
They sell little contraptions that can mic on or two eggs at a time, the shape is perfect for a bagel or muffin and they clean easy. I have one but I can't remember where I got it it's been so long.

Maybe google microwave egg cooker?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
forgot to mention, that a good large coffee mug works pretty well as long as it smooth it will clean easy.