Quantcast

El jefe Spring Rate!!!!

2phass

Chimp
Jul 20, 2002
I have 02 balfa bb7. I just recived my el jefe shock and it came with a 700lb spring. I originally had a 600lb fox rc. I gave them my weight, (225) riding style (DH)and weight of original spring but I can barely get the minimum sag even with very little air. It doesn NOT feel good. The 600lb fox was perfect , just a touch too soft maybe. From what I have heard the springs on the el jefe and avy usually run about 100lbs less than the fox so I am comfused. Considering the amount of info i gave stratos I have no confidence in them and talking to them would be a last resort. I think it's avalanche falt, if they weren't so busy I would be on avy instead of this situation. As it is I can't/won't ride my bike as it is so I need some help thanks.!!

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Stratos will exchange the spring for you no problem.

They actually sent me two springs to try, and let me return the extra one, even though it was used.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by 2phass
I have 02 balfa bb7. I just recived my el jefe shock and it came with a 700lb spring. I originally had a 600lb fox rc. I gave them my weight, (225) riding style (DH)and weight of original spring but I can barely get the minimum sag even with very little air. It doesn NOT feel good. The 600lb fox was perfect , just a touch too soft maybe. From what I have heard the springs on the el jefe and avy usually run about 100lbs less than the fox so I am comfused. Considering the amount of info i gave stratos I have no confidence in them and talking to them would be a last resort. I think it's avalanche falt, if they weren't so busy I would be on avy instead of this situation. As it is I can't/won't ride my bike as it is so I need some help thanks.!!
They will take care of you, Romic did the same thing last year for a shock I ordered. Then rushed the correct spring out to me.

bohica

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
just south of everywhere
I weigh around 210 and was using a 550 spring on my el jefe and it was awesome. I've compared it with my friends avy, and both shocks really feel the same. Stratos should exchange the spring at no charge. Maybe $10 for shipping.