Quantcast

Election Information

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
brock said:
I'm irish. I am also liberal. I'm pretty sure that the repubs think that liberals hate america. Therefore one could conclude that the irish are attacking the US right now.......
Hey, what do you know. I'm Irish and liberal too.

I hate that conservitives have painted liberals as america haters. Hard core libs love this country so much, that is why we get so pissed when people like GW piss all over the constitution.

I told myself I wasn't going to get sucked into this. God, I'm fired up today. I've been waiting 4 years for this.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
buildyourown said:
Don't forget about the 100,000 Iraqi citizens.
You must mean the future terrorists we are cultivating over there.
But since we are a capitalist society I guess its ok as long as the corporation that occupies the vice-presidents seat, or puppet master for short, continues to make billions of $ its all good......

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
buildyourown said:

I hate that conservitives have painted liberals as america haters. Hard core libs love this country so much, that is why we get so pissed when people like GW piss all over the constitution.

I told myself I wasn't going to get sucked into this. God, I'm fired up today. I've been waiting 4 years for this.
I don't like to paint myself as any one thing, but I am first generation Irish and do lean towards the left. Where as I do agree about SOME of the reform being proposed by the right, its the blatant greed that drives them that makes it too bitter of a pill to swallow. They aren't trying to change things to make them better for the people, but so someone that has paid for their election with reap the $ windfall.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
buildyourown said:

Oh ****. Now there is two of us. Are we a militia yet? Watch out fvckers!

Seriously though. I'm not that worked up. I'll do my part and vote. Aside from that, there is not much I can do. Getting worked up over Big B's conservative views won't change a thing. His mind is made up. So is yours and mine.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
trailhacker said:
"America, f#$k yeah,..."
I don't know where your deep disgust for this country is rooted from. Perhaps its because you have never personally sacrificed anything to contribute to this land. Then again, maybe you have, and you regret it. Maybe you feel guilty for not doing your part. It is easier to condem the soldiers, than admit your not part of the solution.

trailhacker said:
How much of that Iraqi soil belongs to the US?
The world is a small place, and cancer growing in the form of an evil, maniacal dictatorship would soon reach to other countries. It is naive to think that we live in a vacuum, immune to the threats of other countries.

..and speaking of Iraq citizens, the press has not widely publized the attrocities that Saddam delivered on them. It is easy not to care when you live in this country. Our big worries are where to build the next kicker, not why was my mother raped, and father killed for speaking their voice.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Big B said:
..and speaking of Iraq citizens, the press has not widely publized the attrocities that Saddam delivered on them. It is easy not to care when you live in this country. Our big worries are where to build the next kicker, not why was my mother raped, and father killed for speaking their voice.
So we invaded Iraq to save Iraqis from Saddam? I thought it was to make us safer from Saddam and his cache of WMD's. Oh wait, no WMDs? It was because of the people he gassed. Yeah that's why we are here.

Since when do we give a $hit about human rights? If we (as a country) give a $hit about human rights why do we continue to kiss ass and trade with China? Oh I forgot, we need more cheap $hit to buy at Walmart.

Who is next in line for liberation from their evil dictator?

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
buildyourown said:
I'm trying really hard to stay out of this because it belongs in the political forum. Whip was just encouraging everyone to exercise thier civic duty.

I think a lot of us our stressed out because there is a lot on the line this time.
I agree that this thread started as a reminder to fulfill your civic duty (and right) to cast an informed vote - not a stage to launch a political debate. There's another forum for that.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
brock said:
So we invaded Iraq to save Iraqis from Saddam? I thought it was to make us safer from Saddam and his cache of WMD's. Oh wait, no WMDs? It was because of the people he gassed. Yeah that's why we are here.

Since when do we give a $hit about human rights? If we (as a country) give a $hit about human rights why do we continue to kiss ass and trade with China? Oh I forgot, we need more cheap $hit to buy at Walmart.

Who is next in line for liberation from their evil dictator?
It is important to realize that there are people who want to kill you specifically, just because you are American. Terrorists are the primary, imminent threat, and that must be dealt with. These threats are dealt with on a case by case basis. There is no one solution for every scenario. Life is not that simple.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Happy said:
I agree that this thread started as a reminder to fulfill your civic duty (and right) to cast an informed vote - not a stage to launch a political debate. There's another forum for that.
More restrictions on free speech..sigh..

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
OK now I'm actually laughing out loud and people in my office are wondering what is so funny about the estimate I'm working on.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Big B said:
..and I suppose you blame us, not the terrorists.
I blame the situation that we created. A lot of those casualties are a direct result of american fire. A lot are from terrorists. However, we don't have the resources to properly secure the country as can be seen by the current situation. George H Bush didn't go to Baghdad because "he didn't have a clear exit strategy". He managed to neutralize the threat and still get out relatively clean.

I think it is important to have a full picture of the cost of war. It is much higher than the 1000 soldiers.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
oly said:
Thats right. Its a restriction of your free speech to use the POLITICAL forum to continue this debate. Maybe you can sue??
Good idea, I was wondering how I was going to manage a new V-10 for the next DH race season. :thumb:

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
ChainWhip said:
Hey y'all-

I don't know how many of you can or plan to vote tomorrow, but here's a great resource for state and local elections/initiatives:

http://www.secstate.wa.gov/elections/vote.aspx

I personally haven't studied up on all the initiatives yet, so I have a long night of reading ahead - I really encourage you all to get out and vote.

I can see from your greeting who you will be voting for. :p

Foreign policy aside, I remember this campaign promise of less federal government and more local. Two weeks into GW's new job what happened? Oh yeah he forced WA to sell their power to CA and for what? Enron. A year later he forced striking longshoremen back to work. Less federal government? What gives? Just a small part of what we can look forward to. Get rid of that DUMBASS!!!! Ok, I'm done.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
Big B said:
I don't know where your deep disgust for this country is rooted from. Perhaps its because you have never personally sacrificed anything to contribute to this land. Then again, maybe you have, and you regret it. Maybe you feel guilty for not doing your part. It is easier to condem the soldiers, than admit your not part of the solution.

The world is a small place, and cancer growing in the form of an evil, maniacal dictatorship would soon reach to other countries. It is naive to think that we live in a vacuum, immune to the threats of other countries.

No disgust for my country. Disgust for the people running it, and quite possibly politics in genreal. And while I never served my country (or gave up whatever) I don't remember condeming any soldiers??? That quote came from the movie "Team America: World Police" that I saw over the weekend. While reading you blather I couldn't get that song out of my head.
"America, f&$k yeah, the reast of the world can lick my a$$ and suck on my balls, America, f$#k yeah....." or something like that.
I actually feel sorry for most of them, from what I've seen and read they don't think they should be there either. It must be pretty emotionally draining to be fighting a war that the people you are supposed to be fighting for don't want you there. And then to watch Haliburton come in right behind you to get the pipelines up and running so they can start the $, er I mean oil pumping again.....

Are you talking about the cancer that we helped to grow and supplied with arms? Oh wait, that was the other George Bush. And what other countries were in Danger? Kuwait? I not sure but I thought it was a known fact that Iraq told the US that they were going to invade and we said "yeah sure, whaterver..." I also not sure, but the first thing "liberated" in Kuwait were the off-shore oil wells. But I guess the fact that the Bush family had millions invested in them had nothing to do with us making them the top priority...

And why aren't we invading China after watching video of them doing the exact same thing???

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Actually, Reagan (another republican) supplied both Afghanistan and Iraq weapons, etc. Afghans were fighting Russia and Iraq had Iran.
Speaking of war on terror...I think N. Korea poses a more severe threat than any middle-eastern country right now (and before we went to Iraq - AGAIN). There are other countries that pose a more serious threat as well. Cuba and China are amongst them. LET'S ROLL!!!

umbullit

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Once again...you betcha!!! No hand-basket required as I already have a path beaten.
Im driving that bus buddy.

Bush is bad for america, no matter what happens.

umbullit

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
DBR X6 RIDER said:
I call shotgun!!!!

Bush isn't bad for America - he's bad for the world. I'm shocked that the whole "where's the plane in the Pentagon?" thing hasn't come up. Oops! :sneaky:
its all yours.
He is bad for the world. What happens here, affects the world. We are all part of it, and when one dry drunk ex coke head gets power, its never a good thing.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Heck ya, we'll just sit on our hands and let the rest of world solve their own problems. Just like France. Oh...wait.. that didn't work, they got their trolley car blown sky high. That was their reward for their pacifistic attitude.

Some are so fat from gourging on the liberal media's brian washing, all efforts are spent spewing the garbage back out (aka. complaining).

Does anybody have a SOLUTION to terrorism? A specific SOLUTION or course of action to the current state of affairs?

How are you going to prevent another plot to bomb the Space Needle?