Quantcast

elixer o-ring ID

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
OK, so apparently it's possible to unwind the contact adjuster too far on the Elixir CR lever. Apparently it's also possible to reassemble such that an o-ring gets kinked and renders the brake useless.

Avid claim the contact adjuster is non-user serviceable but, considering I've already taken it apart, I'm not about to let that stop me. Can anyone give me an o-ring code for the circled o-ring? I'd rather not take my one working lever apart to measure it.

Last edited:

John@UKMB

Chimp
Sep 13, 2009
I bought some second hand Elixir CRs for cheap because someone had done exactly that to the rear. MY lbs sent it to be fixed and a brand new carbon one came back. They also did a deal for a matching front as they were different colours.

Id give that a go, I ended up with new pads and mounts etc... as well and it didnt cost a thing apart from a matching front which selling the old front covered anyway!

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
FYI, it seems to be a 12*1mm metric o-ring, but obviously needs to be DOT fluid compatible as regular neoprene or buna will swell over time. I used Viton and so far so good.