Quantcast

Eric Robert Rudolph

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Hmmm, interesting.

He could face the death penalty if convicted. But guess who gets to make that decision?

John "Praise Jesus!" Ashcroft. If this guy was black or gay, the death penalty decision would have been made already, I'm sure.

But he's accused of bombing abortion clinics and lesbian nightclubs. You just know that Ashcroft is scratching his head trying to figure out why trying to kill lesbians is a crime in the first place.

Cnn.com

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Perhaps he made the fatal flaw of allegedly bombing the Cocoa Cola (erh) Atlanta Olympics. If they nail him for the Olympic Bombing he’s toast. I doubt he would make any of the news otherwise.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Spud
Perhaps he made the fatal flaw of allegedly bombing the Cocoa Cola (erh) Atlanta Olympics. If they nail him for the Olympic Bombing he’s toast. I doubt he would make any of the news otherwise.
there really isn't enough goodies to bust him on the stuff he did in atlanta but they have plenty of information on the case in birmingham. more then likely he'll get lethal injection if they do convict him. i always knew that boy was still alive though. those mtns up there seriously if you know your way around you could hide from anyone and he proved just that! i'm just suprised he was caught by some cop while he was about to rammage for food!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the main stink being raised is that rudolph was on the fbi top 10 most wanted list. there was a 1 million dollar reward for him and they are talking about not giving it to the officer that caught him. i and most of the people iin western north carolina think the 21 year old should get the reward what do yall think?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by biggins
the main stink being raised is that rudolph was on the fbi top 10 most wanted list. there was a 1 million dollar reward for him and they are talking about not giving it to the officer that caught him. i and most of the people iin western north carolina think the 21 year old should get the reward what do yall think?
The problem is, he was doing his job.

A 40yo unemployed desperate guy trying to save his family's finances working at McDonalds isn't eligible for the games/promotions they have.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Handing out the rewards to law enforcement is a poor idea. The potential for conflicts of interest is huge. If the cops have an enormous personal incentive to catch a fugitive there could be all sorts of scenarios where people would hoard information thinking they may catch the guy. Law enforcement is a team effort.

I’m not going to lose sleep if the cop gets the reward though.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i can understand your point of view but do you also think that a million dollars would make someone work a little harder to catch the criminal. the kid gets paid 21,000 a year he is a rookie that was raised bye his grandmother hard working since he was old enough to pull a weed. i know it sounds like a sob story but damn this kid deserves it. either way i am glad he is caught. i spend countless hours in the woods around western nc where i live and for the last five years i have thought, well, im not scared but it would be kind of disturbing to stumble across him in the middle of the woods.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Don't think it would be any incentive for the cops to work harder. They want to catch crooks afterall. Much more rewarding than writing speeding tickets, following up on barking dogs and stolen BBQ grills.

Making them eligible for rewards provides incentive to be individual bounty hunters instead of effective team members IMHO.

Now if you had stumbled across his campsite in the NC woods I'd expect you would call it in - reward or none, because it would be the right thing to do. Rewards are generally motivation for flipping the fugitive's buddies against him.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wow thats a good point that i did not think of. using the money to lure his contacts in.nice one.