Quantcast

ETSU May 20th and June 3rd

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
I will have the timing equipment to do qualies and then we will seat everybody into a series of motos. The course is unchanged from last fall and won't be changed until mid-summer, so there will not be any problems with storms unless they are hitting on Saturday.
Format: Practice anytime you like. Run qualify at 5 pm. Start motos ASAP. Keep all alcoholic beverages out of sight of parking area(Dry campus).

The usual suspects can find lodging at my house anyone else can camp in the yard! My yard is less than a 1/4 mile from the track. Make reservations promptly oh and no swearing if my kids are out!!!!:mumble:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
I'll be there!

To get bumped at the earliest possible time. I suck.
Count me in. Doug, you know I'll be in the cooler well before you are!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I have short legs. Butch summed it up best while trying to figure out how I can stay seated through Southernrocks, only to realize that I was standing.:rofl:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Hey i will try to make it I thought orig. date May 13. Maybe
the wife will still let me out.
Care to elaborate on how motos will go?
2 or 4 people etc. and is this set up as practice race
and are $$ involved?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ill be there so so does anybody have any pics of the course or of anybody racing it. obviously its a good course cause well butch will be there lol. so i take it we have changed the date to the 20th. well none the less me and my crew will be there cya there fellas.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Metal Dude said:
Hey i will try to make it I thought orig. date May 13. Maybe
the wife will still let me out.
Care to elaborate on how motos will go?
2 or 4 people etc. and is this set up as practice race
and are $$ involved?
Probably be two man, and no $$ unless someone wants to put some on the side. Motos will be seated randomly. The qualifying is really just to get some practice, but the top three will not be placed in the same moto.

The DH is always open and the ETSU guys are actually trying to build something new around the slalom course. Be gentle they are learning! Winner does get bragging rights which is better than $$!!!

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
profro said:
dang, I wish I had a "crew" :wonky2:

We are not really frznnomad's "crew". If anything, he is part of our "crew" or our regular riding group. Actually, he's not really part of our regular riding group anymore because he moved 4 hours away :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, we'll be at this race.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
AirAddict said:
We are not really frznnomad's "crew". If anything, he is part of our "crew" or our regular riding group. Actually, he's not really part of our regular riding group anymore because he moved 4 hours away :rolleyes:

i second that vote

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
hey just cause i moved away for school doesnt mean im ejected from the crew. i see how it is you too, and boheem your the newest guy like you have much to say.:rolleyes:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
It is a mystery what Tom does all day at his job.

Mystery: m-y-s-t-e-r-y...mystery.:oink:
that's pretty funny.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
starts off with a short peddaling section then a sharp turn onto a bridge you get one pedal stroke in then you go of the drop to flat, someone said 6ft but i dont remember, then if you do the drop and dont take the detour, its all really flowy, a open section with some rocks you can launch off, some braking bumps, then some little hills up and down then you come down go off a drop then you turn to the right go up around a tree and then go back down and hit the rockgarden, the course is very fun, just look out for those trees, and dont take any of the detours, especialy around the bridge, the rockgardn is hella cool. but yeah the dh is totally tits, i would ride it on either a 4x or dh bike, just make sure your 4x can hold up to the rockgardn and drop, or you could take the detours and pedal your arse off. up to you.
sorry i cant describe stuff for crap.

I will be there. For sure. And by the way; I don't do shiote at work. I'm an inspector. I'm always wore out at the end of the day though. Too much walking around my plant looking for parts and other crizzapp.

And yes, I know I'm not the Tom you guys were talking about.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
the dual course is fun, starts up in the woods on a hill w a fastspeed run, then turn and a few hundered feed hit a little roller double and then a huge tabeltop jump, then a washy berm and a jump and a hip jump thing then a washy berm and then the rythm section tipe thing then jump and corner then a big jump and then pedal to the final big jump. I think. thats how i remember it.