Quantcast

ETSU May 20th and June 3rd

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Tattooo said:
Where is this at?

MTX, or is there a chance of a DS or some maybe light DH?
Everyone remember that this is a friendly competition that will broken down into an Expert and Sport class. There will be dual with qualifying, but with BMX motos meaning everyone will get at least 3 race runs before the semi-finals. The four racers with the most points will race head to head for the title and the best trophy ever (some junk from my house).

The DH trails are always open and we will time runs there as well. Mostly for bragging rights but I should be able to find more junk for the champion.

Directions: Take I-26 to Johnson City, TN. Take exit 31 and turn left (either direction) and approx 1 mile on left will be Southwest Ave (ETSU Campus). At four way take left (Still Southwest Ave) and then take the first left. At the end of the road is the physical plant recieving warehouse. Park there and the slalom is on the left.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
ztlh13 said:
The DH trails are always open and we will time runs there as well. Mostly for bragging rights but I should be able to find more junk for the champion.

Thanks Terry.
That is good news.
I don't give a hoot about prizes, but timed runs are always fun.
Break out the paper plate number plates and lets race.:)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
Thanks Terry.
That is good news.
I don't give a hoot about prizes, but timed runs are always fun.
Break out the paper plate number plates and lets race.:)
that's the spirit man.

but i do have a hilarious image in my head, of him rummaging through his garage looking to clean out unwanted crap under the guise of "gathering up prizes".

yard sale, hinton style.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dhbuilder said:
that's the spirit man.

but i do have a hilarious image in my head, of him rummaging through his garage looking to clean out unwanted crap under the guise of "gathering up prizes".

yard sale, hinton style.
2nd place, Expert Men - a broken weedeater. :)

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Think it would be worth the drive from the Beach here in Virginia? You TN Kids do know how to party, so maybe...

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
so whats the story with this illigitimate race you guys got going on may 20th.... got any pics of the course? is it hardtail friendly? you racing mtx, ds, or dh? whats the deal.... i'm bored out of my mind waiting for my 303 and need to fill the voids (massanutten, US Open, Sugar) in my DH Race schedule. give me some info. and pics!!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, bring your hardtail. The DS course is a lot of fun and totally competitive on a HT. The DH course is rideable on one, but some sections will slow you down a bit. It will be fun.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'll be there if I can find someone to watch my dogs.

Anyone suggest somewhere to throw up my tent?

And what's the show, race Saturday? So can I come in for practice on Friday?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Race Saturday at 5pm? I am still stuck in Norfolk due to my wife's crap, so I might be able to get out tomorrow real early and drive like hell.

Is there anything on Sunday?

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
We got some rain last night, but the course drains really well and the sky looks like it is going to clear. Should be fine for a late afternoon race! The DH will be a little greasy at first, but should get better by the time we do runs.

Apr 16, 2005
Charlotte, NC
hey can u call stubby on his phone because hes there and he doesnt see nayone, so hes calling me to see on ridemonkey if any plans have changed for the race. (704) 607 3516

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
We ended up staying here, just too hard to get out for a Saturday race right now. Work plus family stuff just makes that a killer for an 8 hour drive.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Turn out was low, but it was still a lot of fun. We each did 3 timed runs. Andrew Parson won the DH. I don't remember his fastest time, but a 1:38 sticks in my head. No prizes, though Andrew really had his eye on that broken weedeater. My fastest was a 1:41 and I think stubby got a 2:09. There were two other guys that ran the DH as well, but I don't remember their times. The course was muddy and real slick. The dual course was way too muddy to run, so we called. I believe either Andrew or Terry would have won that as well.