Quantcast

ETSU race

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
can anyone give me any details? i.e. what time is registrations, how much is the race fee, at what time are the ds/dh events behind held? where exactly this is behind held so i can get directions (coming from Blacksburg, south-westerrn va)

thanx

-Mike T.

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Just got the heads up flyer from Terry. I wonder if this is a missprint? Saturday April 19th? Dual and MX???? Its got to be b/c april 19th is on a Monday. I hope its not May 3rd b/c then I can't make the DS/mx race.

Attachments

Originally posted by caboverpete
april 19th & may 3rd + THC = may 1st & 2nd

i assume that is where the mistake was made.
BLLLLAAAAAAHHHH!!!
Crap.... spit my mt. dew all over the monitor....thru my nose!
The 4X course is all new with a hint of the old layout. Its definatly going to be fast.............nice work T & Gang! I might skip the rent this month and get me a 4x bike now....

DS/4X on Sat
DH on SUN..........right?

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
hmm...

can someone confirm the may 1-2nd date? i gota be sure

also, there is going to be seperate mountaincross and seperate dual slalom events??

mx=mountaincross right?

says 2:30-MX elimination
4:00-DS elimination

-Mike T.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Gotta second Mike's request for confirmation on the dates...The ACS Health Mangament site hasn't been updated, so reliable info. is at a premium...Sounds like the DH race is on Sunday? Anybody know anything about the 'AM course'? I've heard it's pretty short, but wasn't sure how tech it was...

Btw, if the DH race is on Sunday, when do you get in your practice runs? Just wondering...

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
yea, and also do u have to pay 25$ for the ds/mx race, and then an additional 25$ for the dh race???

-Mike T.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Originally posted by MikeT
yea, and also do u have to pay 25$ for the ds/mx race, and then an additional 25$ for the dh race???

-Mike T.
Normally, yes, but they may discount the second race. That's been known to happen. My son and I are racing so maybe a family discount?;)

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Sorry guys but the dates are in fact May 1-2. Everything else on the flyer is correct.

The race fee is $25 for each event (XC, DH, MX), junior $20. The DS will be $15 and will only be expert and sport classes. The DJ contest will only be $5 and Maxxis will sport the prizes for it.

All racers will have to have a NORBA license or puchase a one-day for $5.

How did you get it to take the flyer, b/c i could not earlier.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
50$ ? :rolleyes: i hope theres a discount, noway a regular college student can afford that

again... anyone have any info on the previous questions?
...such as whats the difference between mx and ds events

thanx

-Mike T.

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Originally posted by ztlh13
Sorry guys but the dates are in fact May 1-2. Everything else on the flyer is correct.

The race fee is $25 for each event (XC, DH, MX), junior $20. The DS will be $15 and will only be expert and sport classes. The DJ contest will only be $5 and Maxxis will sport the prizes for it.

All racers will have to have a NORBA license or puchase a one-day for $5.

How did you get it to take the flyer, b/c i could not earlier.
Terry all I did was shrink it down a bit. I know I will be there for the DH but I'm probably going to miss the 4x.

50$ ? :rolleyes: i hope theres a discount, noway a regular college student can afford that

thanx

-Mike T.
Talk to znth13

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Terry,

Still wondering about practice runs for the DH race...Maybe Sunday morning? Or is Friday the best and/or only time to run the course? I've never seen the course before, so I want to keep my embarrassing crashes to a minimum :cool:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
unlikely that they'll get the xc boys to come out. they screwed up and scheduled this one the same weekend as an ambc race. and that ambc race is in the sammmmmmmmme state......

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL

thanx

-Mike T.
DS= 2 at a time racing
MX= 4 at a time racing

I'm sharpening up my elbows for the MX as we speak:devil:

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
Where are the downhill and mountaincross areas? I was in JC today and found the XC trails but not the others. I'll be back there next weekend and will give it another shot to find them.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
anyone know if one be allowed to race with a ss setup in ds and mountaincross in this event?

thanx

-Mike T.

I thought there used to be a rule of so many working gears but when i look now i only see the requirement for 2 working brakes so you may be fine. There are no bike inspections so unless you win and someone is a prick noone will ever say anything. Ive seen people do each of their DH runs on different bikes and the rules state the that a rider must finish a race on the same bike he started on. Ive never seen anyone make a big deal of it though. In short i wouldnt worry about it much.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Originally posted by andym
Where are the downhill and mountaincross areas? I was in JC today and found the XC trails but not the others. I'll be back there next weekend and will give it another shot to find them.
If you rode the XC trail you probably rode most of the DH trail.
It's kind of hard to describe but there is a water tower on top of a hill in the woods right in the middle of the campus. You can drive/ride the dirt road up to the tower. That is the start of the DH course.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
Thanks for the info guys. I thought some of the trail looked like it may have been the downhill course. I thought about racing but considering I haven't been into riding that long I don't know if I will or not. If I do, what kind of gear will I need to wear? I'm assuming a full face helmet and some knee/shin protection. Would motocross gear work well for this? But then again I'll probably just bring my camera out and take lots of pictures.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Thanks for the info guys. I thought some of the trail looked like it may have been the downhill course. I thought about racing but considering I haven't been into riding that long I don't know if I will or not. If I do, what kind of gear will I need to wear? I'm assuming a full face helmet and some knee/shin protection. Would motocross gear work well for this? But then again I'll probably just bring my camera out and take lots of pictures.
Hell, if you were a chick I'd say show up in a bikini like they all do:D

If you wear elbow and knee/shin guards you'll be fine. Nothing on the course that could really hurt you except the rocks at the finish. And even then I don't think anyone's been carted off in a meat wagon.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
I guess I'm just trying to fit in with the other racers. Do dh/mtx racers use motocross style pants or shorts with knee/shin guards? I've already figured out to ditch the clipless pedals and go with some flats.

......almost everything has a bypass or is rollable. If you just watched you'd be kicking yourself in the ass afterwards!
Its just fun

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Can anyone recommend cheap good motels that are close to ETSU? preferebly where they dont mind bikers

-Mike T.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
I took a look at the mtx course yesterday. It looks fun. When I walked it I was looking at how I would hit the jumps... then I remind myself I will be on my mountain bike and not my motorcycle.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Rode the courses again yesterday. The step-up is finished and I tried that. I wouldn't call it the best looking jump on my part, but I think it will keep me close enough during the race. I really like what that course has to offer. I just wish it was a little smoother.