Quantcast

Evil Bikes 2008

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Keep in mind the brandname was bought by a Seattle-area woman in the computer-software industry...
I'm not expecting much, but would love to be pleasently surprised.
Where are you getting this from? I call BS.

"Daily operations will kick off on or around April 1st"

Make of it what you will.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Where are you getting this from? I call BS.

"Daily operations will kick off on or around April 1st"

Make of it what you will.
People have dug up the Evil web site domain owner(s) and run with it.

I will be the first to say that I have no idea what is actually going on with evil, but I can tell you for sure, that just because a web site domain is registered to a person, that does not mean the company is owned by said person.......

My guess is that the web design was farmed out to a marketing/branding/ect company here in seattle (they have done lots of work in the action sports biz)...and that is about it...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
People have dug up the Evil web site domain owner(s) and run with it.

I will be the first to say that I have no idea what is actually going on with evil, but I can tell you for sure, that just because a web site domain is registered to a person, that does not mean the company is owned by said person.......

My guess is that the web design was farmed out to a marketing/branding/ect company here in seattle (they have done lots of work in the action sports biz)...and that is about it...
The domain registrant of evil-bikes.com is the design agency that was most likely contracted to do their web work after the evilbikes.com domain expired. This was long before the existing page went up.

They're also the agency that did the iron horse site, catalogue and bike graphics:
http://superbigcreative.com/flash.html?#/work/

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
the new owner of Evilbikes is in CO. so its just the website host.
Did he move there since the change in ownership? Last I talked to him he was still in Seattle. Granted this was when the sale was anounced and I have not spoke to him personally since.
I have heard rumors from people close that there is activity. Just haven't heard anything as far as timeline/frame.

The domain registrant of evil-bikes.com is the design agency that was most likely contracted to do their web work after the evilbikes.com domain expired. This was long before the existing page went up.

They're also the agency that did the iron horse site, catalogue and bike graphics:
http://superbigcreative.com/flash.html?#/work/
I am not sure who the women mentioned is or the exact ownership make-up. But at least one owner is a guy from Seattle. I was under the impression he was sole owner but have no real info?

I would like to see what they have up their sleeve. If what was posted to dig up this thread is true then it looks like we will find out pretty soon.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Did he move there since the change in ownership? Last I talked to him he was still in Seattle. Granted this was when the sale was anounced and I have not spoke to him personally since.
I have heard rumors from people close that there is activity. Just haven't heard anything as far as timeline/frame.

I am not sure who the women mentioned is or the exact ownership make-up. But at least one owner is a guy from Seattle. I was under the impression he was sole owner but have no real info?

I would like to see what they have up their sleeve. If what was posted to dig up this thread is true then it looks like we will find out pretty soon.
...wait for Interbike.

:biggrin:

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
I better not break this thing or i'm f-ed! Been in the box for a year. Did I make $$$$ or lose $$$$ on the sale of evil?? Collector's item? :greedy:
Never really caught on, so you lost no matter what. (I still think it's a cool frame)

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Where are you getting this from? I call BS...
Not BS.
When the sale was announced, somebody tracked down who the domain was registered to. Did a search on the name, and saw a personal page listing "Owner of Evil Bikes" as occupation. That was pointed out on a bike forum as showing who the new owner was, and that info was soon removed from her personal page shortly thereafter...

I couldn't care less one way or the other. I just hope that since they bought the name, they stick to the roots of the company and don't put out crap bikes.

My Imp is lonely. A new dually to compliment it would be nice, as my Bottlerocket has it's limitations and I am noticing them more and more every ride...

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
*Evil bikes will reveal a full suspension bike at Interbike with Thomas Vanderham as the team rider*

just unsubstantiated internet gossip or ????

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
*Evil bikes will reveal a full suspension bike at Interbike with Thomas Vanderham as the team rider*

just unsubstantiated internet gossip or ????
I think I aluded to it several months ago in a NSMB post about who Vanderham was going to be riding for and why he was seen riding a Sunday.

From the rumors floating around the woods here even more will come out of the company at Interbike, just wait.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
There's a product launch in Vegas during interbike, but it isn't AT interbike for some odd reason. It will not be DW link as the only DW link DH bike this season is the Turner.

BenP

Chimp
Apr 2, 2008
Do you mean the only new dw-link DH-Bike or the only licensed dw-link dh bike at all?
I mean, what about the shocker...?

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
There's a product launch in Vegas during interbike, but it isn't AT interbike for some odd reason. It will not be DW link as the only DW link DH bike this season is the Turner.
If you are right, I guess reliable sources are not so reliable...the truth will be out at interbike.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I'm making my own evil dw dh bike :D I'm taking pre-orders. Who wants one?

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
According to DW, directly from his lips, the Turner is the only DW Link DH bike for 2009. Could he be putting me on? Absolutely. I doubt it though as he never has before?
this could be true.

It was said there would be 2 DW downhill bikes in 2009. Ive never heard, DW link.

Now if its designed by dave weagle, wouldnt it still be considered a DW bike

:D

As everyone is saying, wait for interbike pictures. Interbike is just around the corner.

:lighten:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
this is pathetic...i am all psyched on something and i dont even know what it is...the old spirit behind the evil name is gone but i still cant wait...

shows you what buying a good name can do...

this is one of the best e-speculation threads of all time and im loving it...mad i turned down ibike this year

evil-bikes

Chimp
Mar 24, 2008
this is pathetic...i am all psyched on something and i dont even know what it is...the old spirit behind the evil name is gone but i still cant wait...

shows you what buying a good name can do...

this is one of the best e-speculation threads of all time and im loving it...mad i turned down ibike this year
The faces may have changed but the message & mission remains the same!