Quantcast

exercise while away

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
What exercise can I do to not loose my upper body muscle mass while away on my 5 week biking trip.

I know of push ups, sit ups and maybe some tricep with the bench of a picnic table

Anything else?

bicep curls with 1 bike in each hands?:rolleyes:

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Originally posted by Deyv
What exercise can I do to not loose my upper body muscle mass while away on my 5 week biking trip.

I know of push ups, sit ups and maybe some tricep with the bench of a picnic table

Anything else?

bicep curls with 1 bike in each hands?:rolleyes:
Dude...your crazy. :D

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
5 weeks of biking - your body is going to be pretty tired as it is. be sure to get in at least 1 day of rest a week.

5 weeks is a long time.... I'm not really sure what to tell you. But eat lots of protein and have a good time!
is sheep protein?:eek:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Deyv, you staying in hotels, staying with people, or camping?

You could bring heavy duty plastic bags, fill them with sand when you get there, and that will give you instant dumbells. You could do tons of exercises using dumbells, as I am sure you know. Doing pushups using various arms width will hit your chest and triceps. That will help keep your muscles worked, but won't help you gain any mass. Keeping your fingers and thumbs together in a triangle shape will give your triceps a good workout.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Deyv, you staying in hotels, staying with people, or camping?

You could bring heavy duty plastic bags, fill them with sand when you get there, and that will give you instant dumbells. You could do tons of exercises using dumbells, as I am sure you know. Doing pushups using various arms width will hit your chest and triceps. That will help keep your muscles worked, but won't help you gain any mass. Keeping your fingers and thumbs together in a triangle shape will give your triceps a good workout.
I will be camping, and not much sand in NZ. the different width push ups is a good idea. I don't want to gain any mass but I know from previous long hiking trip that I loose some upper mass.

I don't understand the triangle thing!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sorry, I wasn't clear on the triangle thing. When doing pushups, keep your hands close together, forming a triangle with your index fingers and thumbs. Pushups are a lot tougher to do this way, and most of the stress in on your triceps.

If you can't get sand or dirt, try filling a couple of containers with water (plastic milk jugs work well).

You could do pullups on a low-hanging tree banch to keep your back worked. Pullups are the best back exercise you can do.