Quantcast

extremely cheap carbon V10 on craigslist, stole?

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
Hello all, there is an extremely cheap carbon V-10 in the Houston Craigslist. In my opinion too good to not be a stolen bike, so if you recently lost a carbon V-10 check it out. If you are the seller and its completely legit than I apologize, just trying to look out for fellow mountain bikers.

http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/2623920152.html

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Seems legit since the seller knows what's up with the parts spec and everything. Maybe the price was a typo?
if the thief is a biker, then im sure he knows the parts that are on it.

$1600 does not seem legit.
does Houston have some awesome DH trails we dont know about??

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
no Houston has no DH trails at all and barely has a small network of beginner friendly mountain biking trails, but don't tell the locals that.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
obviously too good to be true,could also just be some copy paist from a site and hes just waiting for the small summ of money he needs probly to pay his bills.

check v10 thread of recent talk of theft

davec113

Monkey
May 24, 2009
It's either legit or a real stupid thief. Can't be too many stolen v10cs and advertising it on cl with all the parts is going to show up on a search very easily.

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
you say "stupid thief" as if a thief would even care much about appearing to be an informed bike geek, or trying to set a price that is "competitive" or the like.

the parts spec is easy to find by Google. in 2011, anyone can look informed and expert with a Google search or two.

the asking price is probably what he needs to pay his meth crack heroin coke or pot dealer, or his rent and/or utilities.

and yeah... Houston has no DH. flat as a pancake.

kamomatt

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
Chicago
I think I may have come across this in Chicago. It was a new Trek DH the guy was away in the UK working for "save the world something." He would send the bike for test ride for two weeks or some BS like that. I posted the scam notice on C/L and it was flagged shortly after I posted it.
I found a crack in my DH frame so I thought I would check it out. No $ lost