Quantcast

F•r•e•e N•i•p•p•l•e•s F•r•i•d•a•y

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Really looking forward to not being able to do anything again. PT needs to stop asking me what I did over the weekend...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Are you from NZ? Pretty sure AK is still on this side of the date line

Anyway I think on Friday, once the day rolls over, I’m going to go in and get some radiographs done at urgent care. My hand remains all swollen and such. Moderate pain, more so with gripping and lifting, and I’m tender along my distal radius and basically all of my metacarpals. I don’t think I broke anything but I think it’s time for imaging.

703D8066-535C-42FE-A456-F2BEC13DFD26.jpeg
2E484B71-E0A1-447C-B8AB-B679C3773C4B.jpeg

Non swollen hand for comparison

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

Anyway I think on Friday, once the day rolls over, I’m going to go in and get some radiographs done at urgent care. My hand remains all swollen and such. Moderate pain, more so with gripping and lifting, and I’m tender along my distal radius and basically all of my metacarpals. I don’t think I broke anything but I think it’s time for imaging.

View attachment 181411View attachment 181412

Yeah, that's pretty swollen! I'd have to imagine that hurts like hell. Usually the swelling means something broke somewhere...maybe just a smallish fracture.

My leg seems to swell up a few inches in circumference throughout the night. I can't fit it in the brace in the morning, I have to loosen it. Then, in an hour or so, the swelling goes way down.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

That looks unusual. Maybe you should talk to a doctor....oh wait!
Hope this is just a scratch and you get better soon! Get well!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Took apart right back wheel on Sprinter. Back plate rust seems to have entered handbrake inside rear disc. Cleaned everything but still some weird noise coming from inside disc. It will have to do for now. Leaving in a few hours.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What up brotatoes. Swam for an hour this morning. Easy effort felt good.

I got up to pee three times last night, wtf. And it's not like I've got prostate issues and only peed a few drops. These were legit pees.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's Friday, I'm still an idiot.
My old man has an ~8yo Nokia bluetooth speaker that he is perfectly happy with, it sounds like a fart in a bucket to anyone else.
My stupid brain decided that he needs a good one and that is a 250+km round train/bus trip for me because I like to impose my ideas on others, hahaha!
Life is too short to have shitty speakers!
Work was pretty easy, no Friday curse stuff happened.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Lumbar puncture attempt number 4 at 10am today. I'm asking for some drugz shortly because man I am not looking forward to it.

On Wednesday they gave me two Lorazepam tablets under my tongue (before the 3rd attempt), but I was so wound up from be stabbed repeatedly that they didn't even do anything.

Congrats on the tomato hand. Hopefully just some swelling and nothing more.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
While I wish there was moar summer left since I didn’t get to ride much I am looking forward to Fall. Simply for the fact that mosquitos will be dead. For several weeks now my legs have been covered in either poison ivy or insect bites. So over being itchy.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: (<-- picture with Toshi's giant, surely broken hand)

light work day, no plans for the weekend, still can't ride but it'll be a super hot one anyway. Maybe grab a last minute ticket to NIN at Red Rocks.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Coffee. Only had one email waiting for me this morning, which is highly irregular. It's either a sign that my day is going to absolutely fall apart within hours, or maybe it'll be quiet and I can actually get some work done.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Coffee. Only had one email waiting for me this morning, which is highly irregular. It's either a sign that my day is going to absolutely fall apart within hours, or maybe it'll be quiet and I can actually get some work done.
I think I only had two this morning. I'm worried.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Feel slightly less craptacular, dry cough still but with less frequency, chest hurts, still slight sore throat. What's still getting me is body ache. Christ almighty does my back hurt. I'll try another COVID test later this afternoon.

Wife is also down now, feeling shitty.

Edit:. Freshly ground coffee and frying garlic prove that my sense of smell is almost completely gone. :mad:

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went to my new local, in network (UCHealth) urgent care to get checked out and get radiographs. And voila, I have a comminuted, mildly displaced fracture through the base of my fifth metacarpal by my glance at them. A boxer’s fracture, from punching the ground, if you will. I’ll grab pictures from PACS later.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
:wave: (<-- picture with Toshi's giant, surely broken hand)

light work day, no plans for the weekend, still can't ride but it'll be a super hot one anyway. Maybe grab a last minute ticket to NIN at Red Rocks.
Oh yeah, I was supposed to see Alice in Chains tomorrow :(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Feel slightly less craptacular, dry cough still but with less frequency, chest hurts, still slight sore throat. What's still getting me is body ache. Christ almighty does my back hurt. I'll try another COVID test later this afternoon.

Wife is also down now, feeling shitty.

Edit:. Freshly ground coffee and frying garlic prove that my sense of smell is almost completely gone. :mad:
I wasn't feeling great earlier this week either (stuffy, dry cough, tired, chest tightness, slightly sore throat, sore muscles etc.) COVID test was negative. Went for a solo ride with the dog to try and cough out the gunk and that seems to have worked a bit as I am feeling better today.

First day of professional learning yesterday was fine. I advocated for myself and my department and we might actually get some representation going forward so that was good.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Went to my new local, in network (UCHealth) urgent care to get checked out and get radiographs. And voila, I have a comminuted, mildly displaced fracture through the base of my fifth metacarpal by my glance at them. A boxer’s fracture, from punching the ground, if you will. I’ll grab pictures from PACS later.
I had a pretty nasty boxer's fracture once, from that very thing. 2 surgeries and a bunch of pins.