Quantcast

Fairclough on the move?

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
PBR isn't great tasting, but its great when you wanna drink a dozen or more beers for under $20.

I'd rather spend $21 dollars and buy anything else, like Coors! PBR SUCKS! But then again, I am in college...

Oh and, does anybody have an opinion on the flatline? The geo makes it look like a DH race bike more than a park bike because of it's lower BB and longer CS length.

But just comparing the Demo to the Flatline, I see that the Demo just looks way more maneuverable.

Last edited:

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
I hope he doesnt go with Scott. Whats up with all this vibe... its seems monster mad catz specialized is falling appart? I hope not, one of my favorite teams by far!

Aug 4, 2008
I hope he doesnt go with Scott. Whats up with all this vibe... its seems monster mad catz specialized is falling appart? I hope not, one of my favorite teams by far!
Why is that? Gambler is a great bike. The team is great, they are obviously serious at making a dent. If they can offer him a good environment for racing, whats the problem?

Yeah I know, its a bitch buying and hyping a different bike and clothes every season. People start asking questions, like - hey aren't you the dude that said that X is the bestest **** on the world last year, and said the same about Y - two years ago.

When people start finding out that you're a douchebag thats a real issue. :D

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My guess is a better deal. I doubt spec would want to let him go after doing so well in Champery considering how badly injured he was.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So was he let go? Or did he just find a better deal?
Brendan's had a few offers this season. He's going to be a force when his knee is in one piece, so he is a top commodity right now. And to be quite fair, he deserves to be the star of the show at this point and be able to grow as a team leader.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Brendan's had a few offers this season. He's going to be a force when his knee is in one piece, so he is a top commodity right now. And to be quite fair, he deserves to be the star of the show at this point and be able to grow as a team leader.
yup, the past couple seasons it seems he's struggled a bit in the shadow of Sam, while doing well at races where he wasn't with the team....I dunno, my own thoughts maybe....think he needs to move on to push himself a bit more

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
yup, the past couple seasons it seems he's struggled a bit in the shadow of Sam, while doing well at races where he wasn't with the team....I dunno, my own thoughts maybe....think he needs to move on to push himself a bit more
I agree. I think Brendan will definitely push harder when he isn't in someone else's shadow. That and a change will always motivate you to try and prove something, vs just being in your comfort zone. I think it's a great move for Brendan, though I will really miss working with him week in and out. He is a great guy to be around. S4P; indeed.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
I felt really bad for him when he was injured at the beginning of the season. He started off the season, pre-world cup, with a win and I remember reading about how he had trained much more for this past season than any before. I hope he does well with another team, he really does deserve the #1 slot. Really nice kid when I met him and a really fun rider to watch.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
really hope brendan will get a decent ride, and be healthy next season, he is like the one rider i might actually consider myself somewhat of a fanboy ;)

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
The Giant things Afoot cartoon is kind of a weird one. It looks like the Giant is not only moving the rider from one team to another, but also from the stormy wet world of mountain bike arcing to the sunnier happy pastures of a bike park. It's kind of hard to picture any of the Monster/Spesh riders switching from racing to Slopestyle, isn't it?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Whoah...

A guy leaves to take care of some business and everything gets all Mac-ish up in this piece. :)

If anyone read his interview in DIRT, the move comes as no surprise really. Like Transcend said, if Brendon can get his knee sorted out and regain his cardio and get the opportunity to lead a team or at least have more horizontal integration with a team - the podiums should follow.

To me, it wouldn't be surprising if he sought out Mr. 23 for possible talks or at least advice as to the next step in racing.