Quantcast

Fantasy DH 2022

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Harrison's oopsie and Zabjek's lack of qualifying put me in a bad spot today. I think Coulange was a decent pick, though.

Eight rounds this year, right?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I knew choosing Daprela was a bit of a roll of the dice... I was really hoping he'd worked out how to keep it rubber side down over the course of the winter. In his podcast interviews he said his recovery time encroached on his race-prep time, but he was doing ok. I thought his quietness and lack of media releases was a sign that he was quietly confident. I still enjoy watching him race, so no regrets!

I had also contemplated choosing Camille as my top woman, but thought "nah, Myriam will have the fire in her belly for this year". I was right on half of that equation...

At this point, I don't think I'll be switching up my lineup... I'm quietly confident they will deliver. eventually!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Bah, 2 of my dudes didn't even race. And my main money pit, Loris, crashed.

Team "recalibration" must occur. Good thing there's plenty of time to next race.

Note to self: make sure everyone on your team is actually going to race. It would be nice if the Fantasy App told you that....

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Fantasy DH is hard

thank fuck us wounded soldiers have 6 weeks to recover

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
Oof! That did not go well for my team either. But what a fucking awesome race to watch, both the women and the men!

Seeing Finn keep it together for a complete finals run has me contemplating changes for the next round for sure.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
You can't pull if someone doesn't qualify, right?
Correct. In my experience. Unless there's some kind of time rule. I tried to modify my team after qualies, only to be told I can't. Granted it was like late on Saturday. So there's that...

I guess it's one thing to not know your guy crashed out in practice and won't race, or just didn't even make it to the race... versus - just didn't qualify. That's racing! :)

I don't play any other type of "Fantasy" team stuff (like American Football) so not sure how other Fantasy leagues handle communication of if you're players won't actually be playing. Seems like a "nice to have" function.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The saddest part is, for all the years I've been doing the fantasy league on pb I always seem to have better luck on xc than dh
You didn't even have horrible choices. Neko was a trap for a lot of folks. Certainly high value for the cost but a big risk.

Seems to me from the high scoring teams the winning strategy is to get a frenchie on the podium and a bunch of low cost riders in the top 20.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Picked Camille and also hoped the Hoff would do something good as a Syndicate rider.

For the men I'd swapped between several choices, Daprela clearly didn't work out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You didn't even have horrible choices. Neko was a trap for a lot of folks. Certainly high value for the cost but a big risk.

Seems to me from the high scoring teams the winning strategy is to get a frenchie on the podium and a bunch of low cost riders in the top 20.
anyone could have an off at any time. everyone is technically a risk.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Riders cost are fixed for the season, and some are way "overpriced" these days.
Brook, Blenki, Gwin are prime examples.....

Ft Bill is way longer than Lordes, fitness should play a bigger role. Quite a few folks were hunched over the bars after Lourdes. Better hit the road bike. :banana:

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Correct. In my experience. Unless there's some kind of time rule. I tried to modify my team after qualies, only to be told I can't. Granted it was like late on Saturday. So there's that...

I guess it's one thing to not know your guy crashed out in practice and won't race, or just didn't even make it to the race... versus - just didn't qualify. That's racing! :)

I don't play any other type of "Fantasy" team stuff (like American Football) so not sure how other Fantasy leagues handle communication of if you're players won't actually be playing. Seems like a "nice to have" function.
There are many different fantasy rules/contests for American football.
The way they setup the DH Fantasy its like a daily fantasy league where any team can change their roster completely for each event, unlike a seasonal league where you would pick you're riders and a few alternates and be set for the season. meaning the riders you pick at the beginning of the year you ride or die with.
The way they let everyone build a new roster every race takes some of the skill out of the game. Since bad picks will only hurt you for 1 race and great picks will only help you 1 time as well.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Ffs. Changed from Pierron to Daprela last minute.... My curse continues. Especially given that with Norton and Balanche on the team it would be good.
Yep Thibaut got me too. Wasn't a total fail though because I switched to Cami also.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
as predicted, I won at being terrible.

Changed things around to pick an expensive dude instead of trolling people I actually want to win.

I wish there was a competitive league for picking shitty riders. Slapping fairclough in 42nd and danny yart into 5th every race would be so easy.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
heh, went I went on my team yesterday to see how I did, it turns out I had Amaury and not Daprela, as I originally thought! Now I have to figure out how to get a second male "anchor"...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Last year, I accidentally chose Thibault, not knowing who he was, and was in the top like 4 after three races despite getting zero points due to forgetfulness in the first one. Then it all fell apart.

At least this season the wheels came off right at the beginning...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last year, I accidentally chose Thibault, not knowing who he was, and was in the top like 4 after three races despite getting zero points due to forgetfulness in the first one. Then it all fell apart.

At least this season the wheels came off right at the beginning...
Wheels can't come off if they were never on in the first place

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i know most of you don't care, but the first XC race of the year is this weekend (XCC actually starts in less than 5 hours), and pb does not have fantasy xc setup and has been radio silent

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i know most of you don't care, but the first XC race of the year is this weekend (XCC actually starts in less than 5 hours), and pb does not have fantasy xc setup and has been radio silent
that's interesting to me, because pinkbike is trying hard to push the XC angle these day. The number of gravel, ebike, and dangerthighs articles outpaces talk about DH sometimes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's interesting to me, because pinkbike is trying hard to push the XC angle these day. The number of gravel, ebike, and dangerthighs articles outpaces talk about DH sometimes.
every single article about xc this week the entire comments section is about the lack of fantasy XC. not a single mod has chimed in.

XCC goes off in just over 3 hours...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I kept meaning to reply to some of those comments stating they had launched the fantasy xc on Beta.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Don't forget to take Finn off your team for Ft. William - he's out with concussion. Or Tahnee (same).

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Don't forget to take Finn off your team for Ft. William - he's out with concussion. Or Tahnee (same).
and while Myriam is racing, she might not be the safest bet either... though that's what gambling is all about isn't it?!

Finn out made it hard for me to rejig my team... he's the cheapest heavy hitter in the lineup.

I've swapped Myriam out for Camille to take Fort Bill... Seems like a track that suits her strengths