Quantcast

farlow gap

ridingdown

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
i am trying to hit up farlow gap tomorrow, tuesday. was wondering if anyone else is interested in shuttling it. there will probably be a couple of us.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So how was it? Has the trail been repaired towards the bottom, where the '04 floods washed it away? Last year it was barely a goat path that you had to carry your bike across.

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
it was awsome near the beginning then there were 7 or 8 trees down where you couldnt just hop over them. It was a sweet ride. rode it around 10am.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
So how was it? Has the trail been repaired towards the bottom, where the '04 floods washed it away? Last year it was barely a goat path that you had to carry your bike across.

The bridge is still out at the very bottom, everything else has been taken care of...I believe.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Trail woulda been a lot more fun if all those trees weren't down. I kept getting into a nice flow then I would come to a tree that was at least waist height so you would have to stop and climb over it. After about the 4th one it got a little aggravating.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
anybody get any pics.

ohh and this is the first section that totally catches you off guard

for those who have never ridden it. it is time that you suck it up and do it.:biggrin:

Thanks for the info guys
Farlow gap is in the Pisgah Forest past the fish hatchery.

For you it's I-40 west to Asheville, then I-26 South, then 280 south. When you get to the intersection of 64/267 and 280 go into backcountry outdoors on your right and buy a pisgah forest ranger map. Then go over to Sycamore cycles on the other corner and ask them how to get there. Between the two you'll figure it out. Just don't ride it alone.

You can check out www.mtbikewnc.com for more info.