Quantcast

favorite LBS

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I need to buy some parts, where do you like to get your goods from?

seattle area, of course. I'm not driving to tacoma to pick up some brake pads.... :oink:

pnj said:
I need to buy some parts, where do you like to get your goods from?

seattle area, of course. I'm not driving to tacoma to pick up some brake pads.... :oink:
Bicycles West. Or if you're in the U-district, there's DHZ, SuperGo, R&E, etc.,

If you're in the Kenmore/Juanita area, go to Finn Hill bikes.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
center cycle doesn't have what I'm looking for.... I was just there on wed.

I'm currently in the north end by northgate mall and live in the beacon hill area.

I like shops that have parking available. the U-district seems to be short on parking. greggs has parking but they also have the dumbest employees ever. so I refuse to go there, unless I have a can of gas in my hand and a working lighter in the other. :D

all I really need is a good floor pump and some good, thick, threaded brake pads for V-brakes. and.... I think that is it.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Well for North End shops I would go DHZ. I have been in there a couple of times and they were very cool and personable. Suck it up with the parking issue and go there!!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
suck it up?

screw that, I've lived IN the city for too long, too close to capitol hill (worst parking in the US at times, saw it on cnn.)

I can deal w/ crappy traffic but driving around and around and around and around to try and park sucks. and I can parallel park better then most people. I'd rather drive someplace that has parking then try and deal w/ bad parking. I hate it. :D

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
DHZ usually has parking right in front of it.... not as much traffic on that end of the Ave.

You can park in the Trader Joe's garage on Roosevelt directly to the N of Supergo for free.

You might also give Recycled Cycles a call too.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Synth Hoffman works on my bikes. Bicycle Centre on Bothell Everett hwy is ok too.

I haven't been in DHZ for like 2 and a half years. I will never set foot in there again. I have enough trouble in my life. I'm sure they're doing just fine without me.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Happy said:
DHZ usually has parking right in front of it.... not as much traffic on that end of the Ave.

You can park in the Trader Joe's garage on Roosevelt directly to the N of Supergo for free.

You might also give Recycled Cycles a call too.
Good idea on the parking at SuperGo!

pnj: for the items you need I would hit the Go, too bad there employees are about as bright as Gregg's. I don't thing DHZ would have a set of V brake pads in stock, but I could be wrong.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
thats cool. I'm sure supergo has what I need. I don't even know where DHZ is, exactly.

it really doesn't matter too much about dumb employees, as I know what I want and how to install it 99.99% of the time. but I get tired of listening to the sales people trying to speak when it's clear they have no clue what they are talking about.

I did call DHZ once to ask about changing the travel in my fork and the answer they gave me over the phone was WAY off. like, wow man. that is a forgivable offense I guess but it was pretty funny to hear. for a good time, open the phone book and call every bike shop listed. ask how to change the travel in your front end and see how many different replys you get. more specificly, I was asking what parts I would need. not 'exactly' how I would go about doing the work, but what parts, if any, i would need.

still, I'd go into DHZ to get parts if they had them.....:oink:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
They treated me like an A-hole at the Redmond Performance, so i don't shop at Performance/Supergo anymore. If DHZ pissed off Mmike it must not be such a bad place to go. :devil: :thumb:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yea, I really would rather not go to supergo or performance but I'd bet they have what I'm looking for. (fat brake pads)

I try not to hold each shop responsible for the actions of the employees. If I did that, I'd never go to a bike shop to buy my parts. oh, wait.....

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
dwaugh said:
Order from DropNZone. What do you need?
Ya man Allen will hook you up good, I get all my stuff from him - he has really good prices and is super friendly too. He can prolly get you anything that you need. :cool: