Quantcast

Favorite linements, rubs and the like.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
My ankles and feet were tender earlier this week (doing some different exercises). Tried Kwan Loong Oil from the Asian market. Good Stuff :thumb:

Methyl Salicylate and Menthol in a mix of eucalyptus, spike lavender and mineral oils. Oooh, :homer drool:

What are your favorite liniments, rubs etc?

speedbump

Chimp
Mar 27, 2003
Methow Valley, WA
The best stuff I've tried so far is Toast. It comes in three different heat ranges for various purposes and works really nice!:D The medium range is good for almost any purpose and the "Screamin' Toast" is too hot for my liking. All three have Capsascin (sp) in them so keep your fingers away from your eyes after using them.

monkeywench

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
movin' on...
Tiger Balm (red), White Flower Embrocation, Zheng Gu Shui & White's Medicine Oil are all great when "heating" relief is required.
For general aches & pains (and especially bruising), Arnica gel or Traumeel are the "balm ". :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by monkeywench
Arnica gel or Traumeel are the "balm ". :D

BWWWAAAHHHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was too funny.:rolleyes: :p

seriously though, it made me laugh out loud.

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
blue heat, its horse liniment, but it doesnt seem to cause any bad things for me, it kicks in instantly, last a long time, smells good, and is useful if you ever want to impress your friends, and you can buy it in large quantities(like a gallon)
available at elitefts.com
charlie

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Builder666 has the right idea.

I've always been a big fan of KY Jelly but the more recent KY Liquid is something to check out. A little messier for the standard application, but for overall fun it is a must.

I also enjoy Biofreeze.

builder666

Monkey
Dec 13, 2002
Construction in Subterfuge
Originally posted by Jorvik
Builder666 has the right idea.

I've always been a big fan of KY Jelly but the more recent KY Liquid is something to check out. A little messier for the standard application, but for overall fun it is a must.

I also enjoy Biofreeze.
Origianl recipe KY gums up and looks like boogers within the first 10 pumps. KY liquid is messier, but offer a better viscocity rating. Astroglide is #1. What is this Biofreeze you speak of?

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Biofreeze. Full of menthol. Makes things feel cold. Exciting. Should not be used in place of KY. I'm going to have to try Astroglide. KY was on sale at Walgreens last week. I bought some "Warming Liquid" as well as the big 5oz size of liquid. I've got high hopes for this warming liquid. The girl comes over tonight to try it.

builder666

Monkey
Dec 13, 2002
Construction in Subterfuge
Originally posted by Jorvik
Biofreeze. Full of menthol. Makes things feel cold. Exciting. Should not be used in place of KY. I'm going to have to try Astroglide. KY was on sale at Walgreens last week. I bought some "Warming Liquid" as well as the big 5oz size of liquid. I've got high hopes for this warming liquid. The girl comes over tonight to try it.
Hot Damn Buckshot!!! Let me know how it works out! I will have to expand my collection of lube.:devil:

Sadlebred

Chimp
Jun 10, 2003
Absorbine...the full strength horse stuff not absorbine, Jr. Available at your local tack shop. There is also Ventolin, which does not smell as bad.