Quantcast

Feast your peepers the New Mexican goodness...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MMMMM!!!!

We're making Carne Adovada for tonight's MTB Club Party!!!

In the oven:
2-5lbs Pork Roasts seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, pepper, oregano

In the pot:
Red NM Chile
5 garlic cloves
Oregano
Salt

The pork has been roasted, shredded and added to the red chile... needs to sit and simmer a while then cooled and eaten.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
far from the "real" carne adovada, but it seems like a delicious dish..

have a good one....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8, when are you gonna learn that these types of posts belong in a different forum.

:rolleyes:

do you have some special pass?

btw, it looks good.
:thumb:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
schweino1 said:
far from the "real" carne adovada, but it seems like a delicious dish..

have a good one....

There are a lot of recipies for this stuff floating around. This one is used a lot in Albuquerque, Isleta, Peralta and Belen and I find it vastly better eating than the other recipies I've either made or eaten.

What your fav?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
N8, when are you gonna learn that these types of posts belong in a different forum.

btw, it looks good.

Yeah, yeah... but what else would you complain about on a rainy Saturday afternoon? :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
narlus said:

btw, it looks good.
N8 is the "Special Olympics" of RM posters, so I guess in a way, he has a pass...

:p :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
N8 said:
Yeah, yeah... but what else would you complain about on a rainy Saturday afternoon? :D
What else you ask? 61d F (edit - Sunny), and have a REAL bad sinus infection, and one of your friends stops over with their bike and says, "Let's GO!"

Thats what! :(

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
this version (posted by you) is closer to a dish known in mexico as cochinita pibil.

the carne adobada i like is basically pork steak, marinated in a very similar sauce, just adding an spice called "achiote", you have to let it sit all night marinating, then take it to the grill.... darn good shait dude, try it ...

you can put it on quesadillas or tacos...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8, it was the warmest saturday since....er, last saturday. nice day, sunny and over 50F. went for a run.

what is this 'rain' you speak of?

btw, if anyone wants to know what i've cooked up for this weekend (and it smells great), see my post in the Beer ad Food forum.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
N8, it was the warmest saturday since....er, last saturday. nice day, sunny and over 50F. went for a run.

what is this 'rain' you speak of?

btw, if anyone wants to know what i've cooked up for this weekend (and it smells great), see my post in the Beer ad Food forum.
Beer & Food..??? is that like the canadian forums?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
schweino1 said:
this version (posted by you) is closer to a dish known in mexico as cochinita pibil.

the carne adobada i like is basically pork steak, marinated in a very similar sauce, just adding an spice called "achiote", you have to let it sit all night marinating, then take it to the grill.... darn good shait dude, try it ...

you can put it on quesadillas or tacos...
Oops... I should have said, "Carne aldovada New Mexico Style"...

Better?

Pork steaks don't taste anywhere near as good with this recipe.

Yes, this dish, like gumbo, tastes better the next day after chilling in the frig for a night.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
Beer & Food..??? is that like the canadian forums?
heh, my dumbass fingers forget the 'n' in 'and'.

no, this particular forum gets a lot more action. and it would get even more if people used it appropriately.

we know you need validation, N8, but that doesn't mean yr other threads can't provide that. put the 'tini and food posts in the proper forum, please.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Hey N8, I will be in Mountainair, NM all next week and I'm sure I'll have some of the good stuff. I'll be sure to drink a cerveza or two for you.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Potroast88 said:
Hey N8, I will be in Mountainair, NM all next week and I'm sure I'll have some of the good stuff. I'll be sure to drink a cerveza or two for you.

You'll be in the Mountainair metro area?

Lucky you!!!