Quantcast

Fed Ex Delivery

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Fed EX is working HARD to remove this vid from teh webs, already gone from Yahoo front page...

I did search the RM to see if this had been posted, apologies if is has.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
I once saw our local fedex guy drifting the truck in a snow-covered parking lot. Dude rules... I still avoid Fedex if possible.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Surround yourself with a gate and deliveries can only be tossed over.

When I lived in Va the postman, UPS guy and FedEx guy all lived in the neighborhood. Never had a problem and "signature required" deliveries always got put on the back porch even if I wasn't there.

Jan 24, 2006
Groom Lake
I'm just imagining a dialogue going something like this:

"Hey Mr. Smith, looks like ya got an awesome deal on the net from an online bike mega-shop instead of having to go to your local bike shop? Well congratulations! Hope all the parts work and you don't have to deal with returning anything!"

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
We received a 52" TV through fedex and the box looked like it was air dropped onto our front door. While working at my LBS I witnessed a UPS guy drop a rather large Brother laser printer onto it's side and stand on it to look over the top shelf in the truck for a package. Guy used to abuse bike boxes too.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Fedex responded and said the customer has a new tv already and that is wasnt the employees "best day."

edit: working for fedex must really suck

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I think I would make a awesome Fedex driver. I am holding out until the Cheesecake delivery driver job is available.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
There are tons of UPS videos. They had a good UPS compilation video to compliment the FedEx coverage but I can't find it:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
We received a 52" TV through fedex and the box looked like it was air dropped onto our front door. While working at my LBS I witnessed a UPS guy drop a rather large Brother laser printer onto it's side and stand on it to look over the top shelf in the truck for a package. Guy used to abuse bike boxes too.
To be fair, Brother printers never last the warranty period. All he was doing was getting a headstart on the return process for you.

Jan 24, 2006
Groom Lake
Way back in my college years I worked the evening shift unloading packages from the OTR semis at UPS one summer. They'd spend all day being driven across the scorching desert and the internal temp in the trailers would be about 120 degrees.

Then you'd have to average 1,700 boxes out of the trailer per hour, no kidding. They had some sort of scanner device that would let them know which unloader wasn't performing up to expectations and if you fell below that number for very long there would always be some dick-hole supervisor jumping in your trailer to chew your ass out. I only lasted about a month before I found work elsewhere.

It was hands-down the hardest and worst job I ever had. No offense to any of you guys who do this kind of work. It's hard assed work, no doubt about it...especially this time of year.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Way back in my college years I worked the evening shift unloading packages from the OTR semis at UPS one summer. They'd spend all day being driven across the scorching desert and the internal temp in the trailers would be about 120 degrees.

Then you'd have to average 1,700 boxes out of the trailer per hour, no kidding. They had some sort of scanner device that would let them know which unloader wasn't performing up to expectations and if you fell below that number for very long there would always be some dick-hole supervisor jumping in your trailer to chew your ass out. I only lasted about a month before I found work elsewhere.

It was hands-down the hardest and worst job I ever had. No offense to any of you guys who do this kind of work. It's hard assed work, no doubt about it...especially this time of year.
Absolutly agreed, did it for about two months in summer time in phoenix myself. For as fast as packages are expected to be moved on and off in the summer time, I could only imagine Christmas time.

The supervisors were always total dicks too, screaming at you how you better get your **** together, move faster, stop being lazy Etc etc........ The look on their faces when you have two full trucks assigned for you to unload and you hear the move faster or your fired..... then you say **** you I quit, and flat out walk off.......... I absolutly love that feeling and seeing the look of shock.

Seriously, unloading the trucks you get paid **** for absolute back breaking work.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my younger brother worked at ups loading trucks in denver....the drivers he encountered were some of the most retarded people he had ever encountered.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Seeing the YouTube stuff is pretty shocking to me... The current system of rollers, belts, and chutes can potentially do a lot more damage than the guys in these videos can. I worked the night sort for 4 years before becoming a driver. Heavier boxes fall off the belt all the time. Rough roads are a culprit too.

I've been delivering an average of 400 pieces a day this season and I've only seen a couple bruised boxes in my truck.

my younger brother worked at ups loading trucks in denver....the drivers he encountered were some of the most retarded people he had ever encountered.
Don't talk about Denver like that. ;)