Quantcast

Fence has been installed....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
During the installation my new neighbor came over and started asking my contractor all kinds of questions harassing him. When he didn't respond the new neighbor took it upon himself march across our property to my wife who was in the backyard on the deck with our kids swimming. He started asking her why we were putting it up. My wife used the polite excuse that we didn't want our dogs running over to his yard etc.... his response was...... "You have good insurance right?" at which point he wiggled his leg in front of our dog to get him to bite him.

I have treated posts and the fence is untreated pine. Any recommendation on the most cost effective way to paint or seal it? I just want it to last a few years till the market recovers and I can get out of there.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Cabat makes a good stain for around 35 per gallon and you can rent a good sprayer for about 50 at a Sherwin Williams. It would take about 3 hours to do a 200 ft fence front and back. Figure a gallon to do 30 ft. front and back.
You'll want to pressure wash it first and make sure the wood has cured

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
and he's the new guy on the block? :think:
burning cross on his yard maybe?

sweet property though...i wish i had that for our dogs. :(
Thanks, got 9 acres total.
Seemed like a lot more until this dill hole built in my front yard.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Cabat makes a good stain for around 35 per gallon and you can rent a good sprayer for about 50 at a Sherwin Williams. It would take about 3 hours to do a 200 ft fence front and back. Figure a gallon to do 30 ft. front and back.
You'll want to pressure wash it first and make sure the wood has cured
Thanks, I was thinking about Thompson's Water seal what do you think about that? Like I said I just need it to last a few years till I can get out of the house.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
During the installation my new neighbor came over and started asking my contractor all kinds of questions harassing him. When he didn't respond the new neighbor took it upon himself march across our property to my wife who was in the backyard on the deck with our kids swimming. He started asking her why we were putting it up. My wife used the polite excuse that we didn't want our dogs running over to his yard etc.... his response was...... "You have good insurance right?" at which point he wiggled his leg in front of our dog to get him to bite him.
You should invite him over to discuss the matter... with the hidden video camera running...

Chickensh*t responses deserve to see the light of day, like with your local sheriff in case there is ever any damage to your fence or threats to your family.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You should invite him over to discuss the matter... with the secret video camera running...

Chickensh*t responses deserve to see the light of day, like with your local sheriff in case there is ever any damage to your fence or threats to your family.
My good friend works for the Sherrif's dept, he's sending a trooper over to our house tonight so I can discuss the matter.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My good friend works for the Sherrif's dept, he's sending a trooper over to our house tonight so I can discuss the matter.
Just burn his house down. I'll tell the cops you were with me drinking beer all night. :thumb:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just want it to last a few years till the market recovers and I can get out of there.
How under water are you? You are making a huge assumption that housing prices will be going up anytime soon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How under water are you? You are making a huge assumption that housing prices will be going up anytime soon.
I don't think it's so much the idea that prices will go back up a ton, but the idea he will have less water to be under at some point.

Granted, poor Stosh could end up killing the fool first.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
do you think you could get away with shooting him in the face?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Constantine wire will just make him feel welcome, like when he was back on the yard, dreaming of licking his husband's poop covered wiener later in the night back in his cell.

You might want to consider a couple guard towers, or an automatic 30mm sentry cannon.

Would RM be offended if we made some sort of RM Klan. Monkeys on the back of the hoods, maybe holding molotovs.

If he's really getting in your ****, the best move to make is to either a) sue the **** out of him for invasion of privacy and nuisance (civil claims) or b) somehow make best of friends with the PD and with his PnP officer. Getting a Con violated back isn't very hard, but its pretty easy to end up living your own rendition of Cape Fear if you do it wrong.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Not underwater, I'm probably dead even maybe owe a little less than the house is worth. Hard to say...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Go all Lakeview Terrace on him. Security lights with motion sensor. Nothing makes you feel more squeemish than a light that kicks on when you're crossing the fence.

Even better would be to make sure the fence isn't anchored too well. Then build a pit behind it. He climbs up, fence falls down, hole kills.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The Louisiana Bar has a very low standard.
And my iphone has a very interesting auto-correct.
Dick nozzle.

ganglor

Chimp
Sep 3, 2010
VA
If you use Thompson's, you will have to redo it every year. It's really not that great of a product. If you are planning on moving before then, go for it. Otherwise look at Cabot or Sikkens.

Cabot and Sikkens are a bit more expensive, but are far better products. They will last 3-5 years (more or less depending on climate etc). Make sure you follow the application instructions on the can if you don't want air bubbles/runs/etc and want it to last.