Quantcast

CRF311

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Jersey
no negativity :thumb:

i just found that hilarious. do people actually call them that??
for sure... you cant be on thumpertalk without knowing the code...lol... i mean laughing out loud. in my 37 years i've never been called a tween... haha now i know a new word. no worries...

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'd say from Stewart's roost in this video it looks like Stewart was fully on the gas when they collided. Not that I'd expect him to let up, but saying Reed rode into him is stretching it a little...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I still think the move was a little questionable but James should have seen the last ditch effort coming.

The more I thought about it is that they both have pulled some suspect stuff in the past and either are angels. RacerX pointed out Unadilla 02' when these two had there first big run in. Not to mention the last couple of years there has been how many... Phoenix last year, Jacksonville 09, Salt Lake 09, and how can you forget Vegas in 09 when Reed waited on him.

You just got to think that Reed is fully aware of what might happen now. In the famous words of Tony Alessi "The universe will get you".

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Wasnt it reed who landed on bubba and made him miss a year? im surprised bubba has been so "nice" while racing him
No, Im pretty sure it wasnt if memory serves me right , but I think James came back a week after that crash with an injured wrist and had a go with Reed that night .That was it for both Bubba's and Chad.

Im sure some fellow monkey will have the details right but I think it was something like it ...or was it the other way around maybe ? Im:confused:

Those 2 guys put on an awesome show in Atlanta but I must say it does start to annoy me that Reed seems to have a tendency to pull questionable moves like that every couple of races...oh well, I guess thats all part of racing and its what makes it so exciting :thumb:

Coolshots FC, whats with the 2 blonde girls ? Friends of yours ? :weee:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FYI...Stewart getting any sort of ramming action from others is all still trickle down from him pulling that incredibly retarded move at (I think) Red Bud. He thought he'd be stupidly brilliant and jump an S turn and land full on top of Ricky Carmichael and could have killed him.

Somebody refresh my memory. Did RC or McGrath ever make a living of taking themself and their rival out with extreme predjudice?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
FYI...Stewart getting any sort of ramming action from others is all still trickle down from him pulling that incredibly retarded move at (I think) Red Bud. He thought he'd be stupidly brilliant and jump an S turn and land full on top of Ricky Carmichael and could have killed him.
JS7$ got rocked too

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I did not like the Reed pass personally. To me it did not seem like Reed had a chance of squaring the bike up given how far he cut across the corner in front of Stewart.

In retrospect I would have loved to see Stewart rip a wheelie and use Reed's bike as a launch into the next double.

Sick race though, can't wait for Indy because I'm goin!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
James was on the gas before Reed was even in his way. Reed can't win just on skill alone. He's got to do something dirty to keep the main competition out. Dirty move, especially when you're trying to run your own team. I know there are times when there's contact, but look at how Canard, Dungey, Villapoto, Stewart all race and pass each other. They all do it clean and respectfully because they want to win with skill.

Oh, and villapoto is a retard. Saying that he won because it came down to "racing smart", right. He wasn't even close to those two until they tied up. Friggin tool.

i'm on the fence about the Reed move. Just smacks of desperation, but I agree that intent likely was not a take down.

However, i'm just surprised bubba didn't protect that inside line, or just let Reed by and just gas it past him on the exit. Reed would have had to scrub alot of speed to make that turn given how late he went in.