Quantcast

>>>Fifth day of FTS<<<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Four-vay-em wakeup, decided it was a sign to go golf. It all worked out as planned, guy one in my group got kicked off the course before our tee time and guy 2 zoomed ahead in a cart, leaving me alone to shoot an even par 36.

Now to mow the lawn, mud the basement, sand some walls and lay some flooring. Yay!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Four-vay-em wakeup, decided it was a sign to go golf. It all worked out as planned, guy one in my group got kicked off the course before our tee time and guy 2 zoomed ahead in a cart, leaving me alone to shoot an even par 36.

Now to mow the lawn, mud the basement, sand some walls and lay some flooring. Yay!
What did he do to get booted??

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Wanted to deliver some of his belongings to a retired colleague (foreigner, no family in DK) on Wednesday as the storage space here at work had to be freed up. He didn't answer his phone or the door. :( Knowing him, I was a little worried but decided to come back Thursday morning. Then still no answer, talked to the neighbors, they hadn't seen him, so the police we called. They let us wait and after an hour we called again. We were told that he first went to the hospital and now is in a temporary care facility. :eek: Went there yesterday after work expecting the worst. But he was in pretty OK shape, apparently healthy and just had lost lots of weight because he was not eating enough. He was still pretty weak and told me he will move to an elderly housing appartment that is handicapped-friendly soon as his place has too many obstacles for him.
Got him his laptop and bought him some things that he needed. Will deliver the rest of his belongings to his new place when he has moved in. Soooo happy to see him in fairly decent shape after the shock of him not responding to calls/door bell. :-)

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What did he do to get booted??
Wanted to zip around and play 18 before work riding solo in a cart. Ranger told him nope, there's another rider doing 18 in your group, you'll ride together, we don't have enough carts. Guy didn't take too kindly to that and spouted off about how he was friends with all the maintenance staff, and he plays sooo many paying rounds there and he'll never come back if they didn't acquiesce to his demands.

They didn't and told him to F off. If he wants those kinds of privileges he should join a private course. Apparently this guy has a reputation and pro shop fella was done with it.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello all. busy morning followed by a rush home to hopefully get a ride or workout in followed by kid stuff then traveling back to upstate NY to visit the inlaws. Got to cram what I can in as taking the bike with us causes tension. Yahoo!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

working 4-10 pm today from home. but before then more HVAC quotes since that is what I do these days apparently

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Germ toob chaos, bc of weather in ORD. Cop waiting at the gate for arriving passenger - kinda curious to see what that’s about.

I just wanna get home and get a ride in…

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Stayed up too late, decided to sleep in. Here by 7:30 and still at least an hour before anyone else. Granted, the most we have in the office would be 8 people total and I honestly don't ever see that happening. It's usually less than 3 folks here, it's nice.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
last day of work before 2 weeks off. camping on an island for 5 days with my BIL and family. It's always a highlight of our year. the kids love it. I also finally get to test out the hammock I got for my birthday last september... Then I'm hoping my back will be strong enough to let me take my youngest hiking in the Adirondacks the following week. Not sure what to do with my eldest. Maybe a few days camping and riding at Kingdom? We've decided to do separate vacations with them this year. It's too fucking miserable spending time with them together.

I'm ready for a vacation. lot's of make-work bullshit at the office stemming from political bullshit from the politicians. obviously, that's the nature of the jorb when you work for government, but it's nice to be able to step away every now and again.

Also found out the clutch may be going on my car. there's a squealing sound that goes away when I press on the clutch pedal. garage thinks it's probably the clutch release bearing. not sure why I have to replace the whole clutch if just one bearing is going, but the thing is 11 years old and has 105,600 miles on it, so maybe it should just be replaced as a wear item anyways?! I can't afford a new car right now, but I'm also tired of dumping cash into this thing. We replaced front ball joints, rear control links, exhaust pipe, and all four brakes this year. Muffler might need replacing too. I'm not cut out for owning an old car... I need to be able to do more shit on my own.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Germ toob chaos, bc of weather in ORD. Cop waiting at the gate for arriving passenger - kinda curious to see what that’s about.

I just wanna get home and get a ride in…
Our germ toob finally arrived at the gate. Now we are waiting for a “missing flight attendant.”

Maybe I can convince management that we need a PJ. That’s what the 0.0006% call them, right? PJs…?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Also found out the clutch may be going on my car. there's a squealing sound that goes away when I press on the clutch pedal. garage thinks it's probably the clutch release bearing. not sure why I have to replace the whole clutch if just one bearing is going, but the thing is 11 years old and has 105,600 miles on it, so maybe it should just be replaced as a wear item anyways?!
Yep - if they're digging in to replace the throwout bearing, you may as well have them put a new plate in - the only extra cost should be the nominal $$ for the new clutch plate. Probably should have them check the pressure plate while they're in there as well...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
last day of work before 2 weeks off. camping on an island for 5 days with my BIL and family. It's always a highlight of our year. the kids love it. I also finally get to test out the hammock I got for my birthday last september... Then I'm hoping my back will be strong enough to let me take my youngest hiking in the Adirondacks the following week. Not sure what to do with my eldest. Maybe a few days camping and riding at Kingdom? We've decided to do separate vacations with them this year. It's too fucking miserable spending time with them together.

I'm ready for a vacation. lot's of make-work bullshit at the office stemming from political bullshit from the politicians. obviously, that's the nature of the jorb when you work for government, but it's nice to be able to step away every now and again.

Also found out the clutch may be going on my car. there's a squealing sound that goes away when I press on the clutch pedal. garage thinks it's probably the clutch release bearing. not sure why I have to replace the whole clutch if just one bearing is going, but the thing is 11 years old and has 105,600 miles on it, so maybe it should just be replaced as a wear item anyways?! I can't afford a new car right now, but I'm also tired of dumping cash into this thing. We replaced front ball joints, rear control links, exhaust pipe, and all four brakes this year. Muffler might need replacing too. I'm not cut out for owning an old car... I need to be able to do more shit on my own.
If you are removing the transmission at any time replace the clutch and clutch bearing. I'd do the rear main seal and any other specific maintainance items in the area. This is one of those jobs were most of your money is in gaining access to the parts, so you are probably best off replacing all wear items while you can instead of spending thousands of dollars to replace $100 items multiple times.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yep - if they're digging in to replace the throwout bearing, you may as well have them put a new plate in - the only extra cost should be the nominal $$ for the new clutch plate. Probably should have them check the pressure plate while they're in there as well...
If you are removing the transmission at any time replace the clutch and clutch bearing. I'd do the rear main seal and any other specific maintainance items in the area. This is one of those jobs were most of your money is in gaining access to the parts, so you are probably best off replacing all wear items while you can instead of spending thousands of dollars to replace $100 items multiple times.
any thoughts on whether I should get the garage to order the kit before I actually need it? seems like supply and availability are something of an issue at the moment... or are these super common with lots of available aftermarket parts?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
any thoughts on whether I should get the garage to order the kit before I actually need it? seems like supply and availability are something of an issue at the moment... or are these super common with lots of available aftermarket parts?
They *should* be commonly available. What you might do is just call a couple local parts stores and see if they have all the parts for your make/model just to get an idea of availability generally.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What kind of car, how many miles, how long do you want to keep it?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey Shared Skittles: what has happened with your low compression (iirc) issue on your 5.0 anyway

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Donuts and beer dropped at kart shop. One race day old tires (that's really good) tossed into the back of the car while loading the old kart, which is now relocated into our garage. Just gotta find someone in the Jr's who might want it for parts.

Shop is going to try to find a used set of wheels we can get for Haley's practice wheels, so we can keep the new wheels for race, since it makes tire swapping much easier. But tonight, I get to swap to some better tires than we've got. Yay fun!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Great. Now I'm hungry for donuts and beer.
Much like a bike shop, it was a popular drop. There's a certain amount of "I have been a massive pain in your ass for the last 2mos. I'm trying my best to reset that we're not *those* customers. And from working in the bike shop, that was always a winner.