Quantcast

final answer is....

Well i went to the doc today...

He said surgery, due to a peice of bone wedged into my rotator cuff. Ill be out for 3 months minimum. So i am going to sell my hardtail to buy a camera and take pics this year. And then buy a new HT when school starts up. Anyone wana buy a transition trailorpark? or trade for a sweet camera?

this sucks...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm sorry to hear it bro, you're at the beginning of the mountain, but just keep on trudgin and you'll be on the other side in no time. :)
i just got a new Canon G6 and i really like it. i also got Photoshop CS and for me it's been like getting rid of my big wheel and stepping up to a mt. bike. i'm learning all kinds of stuff about photography lately, i hope you can get something similiar because it could take up alot of free time, for sure.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yeah you need a camera - check the Nikon D50 too. It's a new model, slightly cheaper than what I have. You already know how it works - it's easy eh?

Sorry to hear how long you'll be out for. That sucks, but hey Sea Otter is only like 11 1/2 months away. Shotgun seat in the Jetta is reserved for ya :D

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
wait so when did this happen anyway? did i totally miss something or what. anyways that sucks man. hey how much ya asking for the bike and i can see if i know anybody who's interested

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
damn cory, good luck with everything man, at least you caught this one, ive got a bone chip in my wrist that has bugged me since my second year racing, stuffed the bike in a corner at Chelan and my hand stayed on the bar, arm kept going under the bar... thought it was fine, then 8 months later went to the doc, xrays and crap and its too late to do much for it, just gotta deal with it and hope it doesn't fuse to anything, he basically explained i have a new bone in my wrist, not like there arent enough in there anyways!

But yeah, point being, it blows but be glad they are suggesting you get it fixed, I wish I had caught mine sooner, would help with the pains I get from time to time and the swelling every once in a while. Who knows what yours would turn out to be, but I can't imagine it would be pretty!

Good luck with it all though man. You still comin up here for school right?

yo matt, yea thanks man! this bone chip is like 1" by 2" its fricken huge! :) Ill be up next year.....cant wait!

And the bike i was thinking 750ish.....sound good?
mavic 321 wheel set
Avid mech front and rear brakes(front brake not on bike)
DJ 3 fork
azonic bars and stem
FSA dh pig head set
WeThePeople saddle
FSA wild child cranks w/ Ti spindle
Specialized pedals the gold ones!
Maxxis tires (2.5 minions) Used
Intense grips lock ons

Transition Trail-or-park frame (meduim)

set up single speed! its sick!!

750.00$ obo

I love thid frame and WILL buy another when i gte better!

Jan 30, 2005
sest weattle
i'll buy your frame cory pm me with a price

sorry to hear about your shoulder now you'll be know as the photographer and everyone will expect you to take pictures were ever you ride :help:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn bibs sorry to hear this. when i was laid up i took a lot of pics as well.

wish i had the money or the camera you are looking for, i would love to buy the bike off of you.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
bibs said:
yea Im thinking the new 8meg Digital rebel xt..and i go under the knife on wednesday the 4th :dead:
Canon :confused: My Nikon is hurt that you said that - she doesn't want you to touch her anymore....Kidding, kidding. Any of those digi SLR are awesome - just get one.

Good luck w/ the surgery - do you get your own sling this time or do I have to supply you w/ another one? Hehe.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
Sorry Bibs, I wish you the speediest of recoveries, at least you'll be healed by the time I get that chairlift in!

Sep 8, 2004
Good luck bibs surgeries suck.
As for cameras, nikon or canon, you can't go wrong. They both make excellent equipment. As a suggestion though, focus on the lenses you buy a little more than the camera. The lenses will outlast the camera for sure, so make sure you buy some good optics!
I shoot a canon 10d and its great. Its what I took that photo you posted with. The new 20d is kickass, but not too cheap. The new rebel XT is a sure bet though, I've heard its on par with my 10D, and even better in some aspects.

-James.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
bibs said:
LOL, im trying to get better..this pain is no fun!

i will teach you grasshoper! :D

I went and loked at cameras today...oh boy! I think i am getting the Canon Digital rebel xt/or xl..its sick or the d70, they had one there!

someone buy my ht! :)

If you cant afford a 20D, get the XT. Nothing on the market right now, comes close to canons high ISO shooting.
Oh, and I will forgive you for your "Australian comment" with your auto sig.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Mate...dont take me seriously on the comment...I was just messing with you!

Get the XT. I have a 20D and love the high ISO shooting. The Nikon does not come close. ISO 1600 on the 20D is actually very useable. Basically everything thats in the 20D, you get in the XT, minus speed and buffer capacity, and a couple of other features. One of the most important things to keep in mind, when getting a DSLR, is what feels best in the hands. The XT is a little smaller to hold than the 20D and many have commented about that in a negative way. So make sure you pick up both the 20D and XT in your hands.

Once you buy the camera, you are only 50% done. Then you start losing sleep over which lens to get. Probably the hottest lens on a 20D right now is the Tamron 28-75. For $340 you get Canon L quality at a third of the price.

James actually knows a great deal about photoraphy, and has taught me many things...so make sure you quiz him.

Get on www.fredmiranda.com to learn EVERYTHING.

Ok..we should move this to the camera forum!

Sorry to hear about the injury. It happens to the best of us. You will be back on the bike sooner than later.

Ash