Quantcast

???FinalDerp¿¿¿

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Twas time to switch over to summer tires this weekend. But with elbow surgery last week, I had to coerce the elder child to get it done. He did a great job.

Went for a hike with my youngest and a neighbor kid. It was a nice afternoon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
4 doors and a 4ft bed?

:rofl:
Gas. That's a "real" truck. Given she wouldn't let me get the hybrid Volvo for her, we're going electric. But I need the 5.5' bed to make it fit. I would get a Tacoma, but it's too narrow to get the kart into the bed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
At least Wifey is onboard with getting a truck, but insists that if we're going to get a truck that we need to get a "real one". I think I'll still get hybrid at a min, but likely electric. The Rivian is really nice, but damn the company is shaky right now...
wait for a Ramcharger? Range extended EV. seems actually really good for doing truck stuff. which is like butt stuff but with a bed, yo. uh, that didn't come out right did it

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It's even more awesome on a dh bike
tell me why. most people i ride with are on dh bikes. i seem to be having equal amounts of fun and also waiting on them at the bottom. tell me about all the fun i'm missing out on when i am the one with the biggest shit eating grin at the end of the day every time...
also tell me about how your clapped out dh bike from 15years ago is funner than my modern long travel enduro bike.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tell me why. most people i ride with are on dh bikes. i seem to be having equal amounts of fun and also waiting on them at the bottom. tell me about all the fun i'm missing out on when i am the one with the biggest shit eating grin at the end of the day every time...
also tell me about how your clapped out dh bike from 15years ago is funner than my modern long travel enduro bike.
Two words: metal chainstays.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
All of them are still completely useless for us up here. Especially towing anything.
see: Ramcharger above. 14k towing, 2,600 lb payload iirc. and unlimited post-battery range running that Atkinson-cycle Pentastar as a generator for the two axle electric motors.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Transit is big enough
I hate to say it, but a Sienna might work. The rear entry is 4" too small, but the full size karts have wider rear wheels. If it's narrow enough with front wheels mounted, that solves the problem. The rear seats fold down and the middle seats slide forward, to the extent that I might actually be able to fit 4 people, tools, and the kart, if I build a lifted structure to put the kart onto when we travel. Damn you @sunringlerider for making me look at that. Well, I know what I'm doing after the interview tomorrow... Dammit. And they are hybrids that get 36mpg. Dammit again. :shakefist:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I hate to say it, but a Sienna might work. The rear entry is 4" too small, but the full size karts have wider rear wheels. If it's narrow enough with front wheels mounted, that solves the problem. The rear seats fold down and the middle seats slide forward, to the extent that I might actually be able to fit 4 people, tools, and the kart, if I build a lifted structure to put the kart onto when we travel. Damn you @sunringlerider for making me look at that. Well, I know what I'm doing after the interview tomorrow... Dammit. And they are hybrids that get 36mpg. Dammit again. :shakefist:
Pacifica comes in a PHEV (like mine). tax credits yo

gonefirefightin

free wieners
lol, I totally feel ya, I gotten to the point where I just accept there is no perfect vehicle and just go through them like underwear.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Glad I could help.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Commercial cargo van.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
New car buying is frustrating. Looking at the Lightning, get pretty deep through the process and end up comparing two levels because the dealer is offering huge credits (10%) in adtn to the Ford credits. Ask to confirm AGAIN, that they are extended battery, "oh, no. We don't have any in the levels that will qualify for Fed rebate in stock or inbound".

At least Wifey is onboard with getting a truck, but insists that if we're going to get a truck that we need to get a "real one". I think I'll still get hybrid at a min, but likely electric. The Rivian is really nice, but damn the company is shaky right now...
So I've not been following anyone's life-threads much on RM lately, but... y u no get whatever car you want, and a very lightweight trailer/receiver hitch to just tow the little kart? I get it, trailer takes up space at home, etc...but its even easier to load and unload the kart and you could do it with any vehicle that'll take a 1 1/4" receiver. Once you have the routine down, hooking and unhooking the trailer is easy...

(Or just hand her some big red tortoise shells and make her drive there herself...)