Quantcast

Finally out of ICU.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
Well made it out of ICU yesterday and of all the IV's and blood preasure hook-ups are of. Look's like I will still be in the hospital for a couple more day's for observatoins and check ups. I like to thank all the emergency staffs at the Dirty Bird & voulinters there for getting me off the mountain in a desent manner & getting in the Abulance.:thumb: Looks like it wil be a slow rode to recovery, but things could have been worse. It realy suck to have this happen for as long as i've been riding DH.:rimshot::rockout:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I don't know you Dave, but I was at the Dirty Bird and I was bummed to hear about your accident. Here's wishing you a complete recovery and getting back on the bike! :thumb:

CHiEF_N

Chimp
Jun 9, 2009
Good lord ICU...Glad you're recovering man. I wasn't there. Can someone fill me in on what happened?

I don't even know you Dave, but when I heard what happened I was definetly saying some prayers for you. That track was nasty and hearing about the way your crash happened made me shutter. Did the pedal do the damage, or did a rib break and lacerate you? Glad you are making progress and just keep your chin up man. I hope the rest of your recovery goes well and goes fast for you.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Glad to hear you're out of the ICU man! That sucks that it happened but sounds like you're keeping your chin up. Keep us updated.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Dave I hope you heal up man. I wasn't even there, but heard about it from a friend that was there. I know what you’re going through as I was there last summer from a very bad crash. Keep your head up and have nothing but positive thoughts.

Cecil

FloridaFish

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
Good to hear an update from you. Cool to meet you up at the Dirty Bird, and damn that sucked to hear that it was you being carted off the mountain. Good luck with the recovery.

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
It would have been nice to meet alot of the people on here, only if I could have made it through the rest of the day. I'm sure alot of you know Chuck Pitts, I drove up there with him from GA.
Thanks everyone...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Don't suppose you're one of those people lucky enough to buy disability insurance?

Brother, I wish you nothing but the best and hope you have a good supportive group of friends and family to watch over you. What's the time frame on recovery?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Dave, great to hear you're out of the woods, so to speak. Keep us updated on your recovery and comeback tour. Heal up and keep your chin up. We'll see you when you're back on it.