Quantcast

Fine. I guess I'll do it. GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's CBS interview at 11am. Going to head over to Toyota to look at a used Sienna the Ford to look at a different Lightning. Also got an escrow update and it's grossly short (I've been waiting); monthly will be going up $400. Ugh.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My normal riding buddy got me out of the house this morning for a good ride. Such a win we got out of the house despite a little rain that turned into nothing. My Trek is still waiting for spare parts so I rode the old GT Sensor and it did okay for what it is. Now I need to find something to do with the boys for the rest of the day.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Finally quit being a little bitch and got back on the trainer. Need to step my weak ass up before the next try to go fast event.

Wired in my planer yesterday. Will be nice to not have to move it all the time. Also hardwired the jointer too.

Pulled out the new to us sprayer and began the wiring mess to make it all run on gps.

raining today. Probably decorate eggs

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Shin feels like I kicked my bike frame....oh wait...

Sun is out, so will ride. I need to add some air to my shock, but I left my shock pump in his bag yesterday. Hmmm

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I rolled out of bed before completing my sleep just so I could get my run done early enough to hit the grocery stores before the pre-Easter shopping mania kicks up. I had to pivot on my dinner plans tonight when I found porterhouse steak on sale for half off. $25 slab of meat for $12. SCORE. Now since Wife does not eat steak, I'll need to find her a piece of fish. There was this coconut crusted salmon thing she saw in Whole Paycheck last week, so I'll probably run out to get that for her.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've been told that a transformer has blown up at one of our buildings at work. Looking at the alerts in my email, yep, something appears to be fubar.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Yo. Just got back from grocery store. Will plant my vegetables today and generally dick around the yard. Got a Ride in yesterday and it was fabulous. I assume our trails/forest will be a shitshow this weekend so I will avoid.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
First great news in many months, I can ride a bike!
Hoo-freakin’-Ray, and all of that.
Even rode a city bike down a short flight of stairs.
Off to D.C. via Amtrak, that should be fun.
Awesome to get back on the bike, enjoy !

No moar bikies for me until this Fall when I get back. Boo. Thumb has been bothering me since I rode singletrack on Sunday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Taking Lil Man to Oaks Park. For those unfamiliar, Oaks Park is the Florida for carnies who are tired of the road and want to retire. It's like if Disneyland was an almost year round county fair. The weather is awesome, so it will likely be packed and a total shit show. In all the years I've lived here, I've been twice. Once for a company gig at McAfee and once for Lil Man's 3rd (I think) birthday. Should be fun. My boy has to work, but his lady and the new little will be joining us, so that's good.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Haley's CBS interview at 11am. Going to head over to Toyota to look at a used Sienna the Ford to look at a different Lightning. Also got an escrow update and it's grossly short (I've been waiting); monthly will be going up $400. Ugh.
Do you have anywhere at your house (or near) to store a trailer? As you know, as she gets older, that kart is going to get wider and heavier (and your back older).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do you have anywhere at your house (or near) to store a trailer? As you know, as she gets older, that kart is going to get wider and heavier (and your back older).
Negative. I can probably fit a 5x8 in the garage, but it will be tight, and I won't be able to fit anything else in - including my tool boxes, compressors, etc.

Plus the door to most 5x8 trailers is 50-52" wide. If I did front wheels on the rear for transit, I should be able to make it work, but it will be close. It would make for easier transit for sure though, especially with wall mounting things.

But, my car has a towing cap of 1,650# (non-braked) and 4,000# (braked). So without brakes, about 800-900# of usable storage.

And if I can't fit it into the garage? Local storage is $100/m.

A truck solves the problem, but then you end up with a truck, which is costly in its own regard.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Negative. I can probably fit a 5x8 in the garage, but it will be tight, and I won't be able to fit anything else in - including my tool boxes, compressors, etc.

Plus the door to most 5x8 trailers is 50-52" wide. If I did front wheels on the rear for transit, I should be able to make it work, but it will be close. It would make for easier transit for sure though, especially with wall mounting things.

But, my car has a towing cap of 1,650# (non-braked) and 4,000# (braked). So without brakes, about 800-900# of usable storage.

A truck solves the problem, but then you end up with a truck, which is costly in its own regard.
Gotcha. If I really get back into this, I’d like an enclosed trailer, but it will need to fit inside the garage. It’s the height of the trailer that is the problem as the garage door opening is 80” (plenty of space inside the garage though).

As for now, this guy slides under the back porch and you don’t really even know it’s there. It’s so light you can put it nearly anywhere with the trailer mover roll around thingy from Harbor Freight.

IMG_6518.jpeg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mexico has the cool 5 cylinder 5 speed vw vans according to my older brother

Screenshot_20240330_113303_Messages.jpg

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

So what you’re saying is you need to sell you house and get a place with a detached shop/garage for race car storage. I’d just bypass the pick up and get a class A toy hauler. So, when you’re looking for your new house make sure it has room for that.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

kart stays on trailer when at home tho, right? So taking up more space, but not much more than the kart did before...and why a box trailer with a door vice an open bed trailer (whatever the right term is there...)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
kart stays on trailer when at home tho, right? So taking up more space, but not much more than the kart did before...and why a box trailer with a door vice an open bed trailer (whatever the right term is there...)
I will tell you this, with all my racing in the past a enclosed trailer offers a lot of security when needed, shade when needed and even a place to crash and a wrenching spot out of the elements. Just having an awning on the side of the trailer is clutch.