Quantcast

***F'ing Tuesday***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good f'ing Morning!

Is there anything that doesn't kill you? Last I heard, a glass of wine a day was good for your f'ing heart, then I read that a glass of wine a day increases your chance for bowel cancer by 20%. Dang........

Well...aside from that, things are good......grilled some steaks and had many vodka/cranberry drinks. A little fuzzy this morning, but I'll survive. :brows:

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Morning, It rained yesterday so I didn't get the mowing done that I needed to; so that'll get done after work. And then if I'm not amazingly tired I'll go play some frisbee with friends.

So it should be an alright day.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Had a very nice ride in today. I pulled a muscle in my back/neck right by my shoulder blade, it is killing me today . It has actually been buggin me for about a month on and off, it just won't go away.
other than that not much else going on.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hola' Amigos! Good night last night. Got out on the road bike for a bit. Avg'd 17.9mph for 20 miles. I was happy with that. Had one brutal climb (Luzurne Mountain for Douglas, Treesaw, etc.) that I'm sure killed my avg. speed, but hitting 50mph on the decent made it worth it! :monkeydance: Headed into the woods on the MTB tonight for the Tues. night ride with the usual post ride shenanigans.

Have a great day people! :thumb:

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

The boss is out of the office, so I'm posting from work.

Last night BigT and I went to Pedal Power for the Monday night road ride. On the way, it poured. We were thinking of turning around, but as we got closer and closer to Pedal Power, it was raining less and less. When we got there, the Trek trailer was in the parking lot. Whoo hoo! Madone 5.2's were available to ride. I grabbed the only 54 he had, so unfortunately, BigT was out of luck. Pedal Power officially cancelled the group ride, but there were a bunch of groups that went out because they were there. We hooked up with a ride leader who promised a "C" level ride, but when we got going, it turned out to be an "A" level ride. They were pacing at 25 mph. We hung with them for 3 miles, then got dropped off the back. The "sweeper" came back and asked if anything was wrong, and we said the pace was too fast. We then decided we had to return the loaner bike, so we headed back to the shop.

The Madone was nice, laterally stiff, and vertically compliant. The mountain biker in me bunny hopped a set of railroad tracks, and I felt the bike flex under me. It felt like I had roughly an inch of suspension. Nice.

Today, I'm going to be out of the office for the morning, monitoring a quarry blast. Puppy school tonight.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
good F'n morning...

its been a little while since I have checked in... Kinda busy you know! Sophie is doing great. Bek is good, and can finally drive again so I am not chained to her any longer.

Went for a great ride on Sunday with a great group I haven't ridden with in a few months. We rode a trail system I hadn't ridden at in 7 or so years. It was as good as I remember it, maybe even better since some people have been working on new additions to the original trails.

I got my Yeti AS-X built up and ready to ride, cept I have to bleed the brakes cause they seam a little spongy.

I have a bunch to do today... I will check back in a bit though... Have a good one folks!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
good F'n morning...

its been a little while since I have checked in... Kinda busy you know! Sophie is doing great. Bek is good, and can finally drive again so I am not chained to her any longer.

Went for a great ride on Sunday with a great group I haven't ridden with in a few months. We rode a trail system I hadn't ridden at in 7 or so years. It was as good as I remember it, maybe even better since some people have been working on new additions to the original trails.

I got my Yeti AS-X built up and ready to ride, cept I have to bleed the brakes cause they seam a little spongy.

I have a bunch to do today... I will check back in a bit though... Have a good one folks!
Good to hear from ya, brunge. Glad to know everything is working out for you guys. Post up some pics of that AS-X if you get a chance sometime.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Morning all, can't sleep this am so I'm getting an early stary. Did a gym workout yesterday and am sore as hell today.

Day 2 of work on my own this week, other than that, not much to report. Without my bike, I feel so lost. At least the beer is good.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
still on light-duty, riding a desk at work. i don't know how you cubicle warriors do it. i've already finished the projects i was tasked with so i'm taking my time on a gang awareness powerpoint that i'm putting together for some HUD managers. only 8 more hours to kill.

injuries suck!

on a side note...one of my daughters decided that one of our dogs was injured so she put spongebob band-aids all over her. poor dog keeps doing the post-bath shake trying to get them off but it's no use...they're stuck.

oh yeah, watched Aurthur and the Invisibles last night. great family movie :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
good F'n morning...

Post up some pics of that sexy new beast will you!? And some new pics of Sophie are necessary as well!!!

Morning monkeys!

The boss is out of the office, so I'm posting from work.

Last night BigT and I went to Pedal Power for the Monday night road ride. On the way, it poured. We were thinking of turning around, but as we got closer and closer to Pedal Power, it was raining less and less. When we got there, the Trek trailer was in the parking lot. Whoo hoo! Madone 5.2's were available to ride. I grabbed the only 54 he had, so unfortunately, BigT was out of luck. Pedal Power officially cancelled the group ride, but there were a bunch of groups that went out because they were there. We hooked up with a ride leader who promised a "C" level ride, but when we got going, it turned out to be an "A" level ride. They were pacing at 25 mph. We hung with them for 3 miles, then got dropped off the back. The "sweeper" came back and asked if anything was wrong, and we said the pace was too fast. We then decided we had to return the loaner bike, so we headed back to the shop.

The Madone was nice, laterally stiff, and vertically compliant. The mountain biker in me bunny hopped a set of railroad tracks, and I felt the bike flex under me. It felt like I had roughly an inch of suspension. Nice.

Today, I'm going to be out of the office for the morning, monitoring a quarry blast. Puppy school tonight.
I got an email from PP at 11:31am yesterday "Trek demo tonight from 6-8 only." A little more notice would have been nice - and we would have joined you >:o

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Had a great afternoon playing with Syd yesterday and got out for a fun MTB ride at Colonie Town Park. I haven't ridden there in quite some time so it was nice to get back there. Tonight is a road ride with Syd while Sq-Earl goes MTBing with the guys. I had planned on making a nice dinner, but we'll see....2 for 1 burgers may be calling our names ;) Other than that, I am debating a couple of purchases :brows: for today.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

i'm up early for once on a day that i'm not working. not much planned for today aside from lacrosse and a game of fugitive in the evening. hopefully i won't have to make more trips to bed, bath, & beyond today with my mom to get more stuff for college. that place bores me.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
still on light-duty, riding a desk at work. i don't know how you cubicle warriors do it. i've already finished the projects i was tasked with so i'm taking my time on a gang awareness powerpoint that i'm putting together for some HUD managers. only 8 more hours to kill.

injuries suck!

on a side note...one of my daughters decided that one of our dogs was injured so she put spongebob band-aids all over her. poor dog keeps doing the post-bath shake trying to get them off but it's no use...they're stuck.

oh yeah, watched Aurthur and the Invisibles last night. great family movie :thumb:
Good to hear you are healing up.......

We're having problems with wannabe "SUR 13's" here at work. Little "tags" showing up on trusses and around the building. I went through and cleaned house of all the temps and that seemed to eliminate a lot of it. I notified the temp service and told 'em that this stuff was going on, and to be aware of just who they send out to a job in the future. I'm not feeling the love towards our Hispanic neighbors lately........not hating--just not loving.

How is it that an illegal can go to Bank of America and get a no-money-down loan for a $100,000 house at 5.5 %, and I've got to scrimp and save and sacrifice for 6% with 10% down and a great credit rating?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
What brakes? If they're Juicy 7's, I had luck dialing the pad contact dial all the way out. Glad to hear your baby & wife are doing well!

Home today (like every day!). Mo and her mom are doing some shopping while I watch the little one Ewan. Diaper rash patrol! He has his 2 week weigh in tomorrow and we think he's gained back up to his birth weight.
When they return, I'm off to do a quickie xc ride in the flat and sandy Pine Bush, but it's riding nonethelesss.

later!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Tonight is a road ride with Syd while Sq-Earl goes MTBing with the guys. I had planned on making a nice dinner, but we'll see....2 for 1 burgers may be calling our names ;)
Sweet, hope to see Earl out there! Who's he riding with? Chris, Steve and I should be down there around 6:30 as usual. And you DEFINATELY need to join us tonight! :)

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Yo...

My 9 day Whistler adventure ended on Sunday and yesterday's workday blew goatz as expected. Now I gotta clean the bike, house, yard, etc. Great. Bright side: I did better in this years' races than last years'.

*Shrug* Off to do something productive while I'm here at the office.:bonk:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I wasn't saying it because it sucked...........I just had Johnny Dangerously in my head and I literally did ride it only once an and old Mongoose hardtail with a 1" steerer tube fork. The headset kept coming loose. I had to carry one of those big ass headset wrenches in my camelbak. It was my bro-in law's backup bike.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I wasn't saying it because it sucked...........I just had Johnny Dangerously in my head and I literally did ride it only once an and old Mongoose hardtail with a 1" steerer tube fork. The headset kept coming loose. I had to carry one of those big ass headset wrenches in my camelbak. It was my bro-in law's backup bike.

at least its dry in there now, its usually so muddy I dont ride there.

ps: I still have a bike w/a 1" steerer!