^%^ Fire in Iceland day ^%^

gonefirefightin

free wieners

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
You’re going to need a bigger boat

Waking up in a hotel in Pensacola near perdido key. Nice beaches here, pure white sand.

Looked at over 24 listings yesterday, liked this one the best

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7693-Petersen-Point-Rd-Milton-FL-32583/66216477_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshareView attachment 205290

Today will be driving south of Tampa to check out those areas to see if I like the area or not.

in other news,

gas is 2.50 here
I’m confused on what those other things that look like houses to the right and left are???

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last night's drive home was a mess. Storms rolled through and there were closed roads everywhere. As I was sitting in traffic at a red light, I heard a crash behind me, so I looked in the rearview mirror and the car immediately behind me was upside down, spinning, and there was debris everywhere. What the hell!? As luck would have it, the car next to me on the other side of the road was a cop.

I mean, this is a busy road but the speed limit is 40. Traffic was all backed up, so I don't how the hell a car would end up upside down. This was like 20 feet behind me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello!

Sushi lunch with wife, some xmas shopping, and I need to plunk down $80 for a new crank chainring.

ooh, I forgot I contacted Easton about buying a replacement crank arm, and they said to fill out a warranty form. These are so out of warranty it's not funny, but we'll see what happens there.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Waking up in a hotel in Pensacola near perdido key. Nice beaches here, pure white sand.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7693-Petersen-Point-Rd-Milton-FL-32583/66216477_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshareView attachment 205290

Today will be driving south of Tampa to check out those areas to see if I like the area or not.

in other news,

gas is 2.50 here
that house looks deceptively small....

and the lot needs more elevation....

nice views...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Much rain this morning so there will be no walkies. Will still get to the office by 6:30 and with any luck will be back home before noon. But will need to hit the store and possibly Costco, but meds might not be ready, so that might wait until tomorrow.

Decided yesterday that no work will get done between now and the 2nd of January, so today should be pretty light. Only reason I'm going into the office is I need to hit WinCo today for sure.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pissed rain all day yesterday, then the temperature suddenly dropped last night and dropped some snow. Friggin car doors were iced closed this morning, I had to go in through the passenger door. :think:

Go away snow.

Though, I did order some ice studs for the new fat bike, in anticipation of an icy winter.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

in other news,

gas is 2.50 here
you factoring in sea-level rise, storm surges and the availability of flood insurance in this decision?

as for me, had a brutal fucking morning with the kids today. nothing but yelling, kicking and recriminations... fucking just shoot me now.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Nothing could convince me to live in Florida. There are better places for water and affordability.
(for the record, Colorado has neither water nor affordability, but yea it's nice)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
No seriously, this rain is ridiculous. My commute was a hot mess because you can't see shit and there is standing water everywhere. And it's dark. Like black, damn.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Friggin car doors were iced closed this mornin
y u no garage

today I will pick up a rental VW Atlas for use to squirt about town here to bike (tomorrow and next week?) and approximate skiing on the crap snow that exists

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

SMRT move calling off. Still in bed, supposed to be a nice day. Feels like a spin on the single speed is in order. Might make some gnocchi this evening. Kid got surprise promotion in Fight Club class last night. I should go make an espresso.

1000005211.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
y u no garage

today I will pick up a rental VW Atlas for use to squirt about town here to bike (tomorrow and next week?) and approximate skiing on the crap snow that exists
Looking at historical aerial imagery, this house was built sometime between 1970 and 1978 - actually the images before 1970 jump to 1954 and its very hard to tell if its the same house. Might be...

None of the old homes around here have garages. I suspect because many this old were actually cottages back in the day, before the Toronto urban sprawl was a thing.

Too much info? :D

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
No seriously, this rain is ridiculous. My commute was a hot mess because you can't see shit and there is standing water everywhere. And it's dark. Like black, damn.
Cool! Good thing I need to run up to Portland this morning. I wish the lumberyard was still there…would give me much more motivation for the 2 hour slog…

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

in other news,

gas is 2.50 here

notice how the house next to it is on stilts?

peterson.JPG