Quantcast

First Bolivian Urban Downhill Race - Team Gravity Massacre!!

May 19, 2004
Bolivia
The first ever Urban Downhill race to be held in La Paz, Bolivia was run yesterday, with 4 of the first 5 places taken out by Team Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking.

Styled after the RedBull Downtown of Lisboa Portugal and a test run before the big Red Bull Urbano race that will be held here in La Paz on the 4th of July. A huge success for us, with hundreds of people watching the action. La Paz has so many great options for urban race courses with many stairs and obstacles that you wont find in a usual city. We are able to run a long course with Dandy Guachalla (yes that is his real name!!) who won, finishing in a time of 3.55

To check out photos of the action from the day, click on this link
http://gravity.colosa.net/gallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=BoliviaUrbano1

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Cool - I almost applied to you guys for a job a few years back, but then I had a nightmare about snakes and spiders int he amazonian jungle and bottled it - how silly is that :)

Looks mental cool by the way :)

May 19, 2004
Bolivia
There are no snakes or spiders here in La Paz where we live, and we almost never actually ride in the jungle!! In fact, I dont think I have seen any snakes, or big spiders here yet....might have to do a trip to the jungle to check them out!!!

Yeh, the riding here rocks....and guiding the riding...yeh well that is all good too!!!

From that link you can access some of the other galleries that we have on the website, and check out some of the other riding we do here in Bolivia (dont worry, no photos of snakes or spiders....)

May 19, 2004
Bolivia
Yeh, the city has some way out there places for riding and racing....and the backdrop scenary is amazing as well!!

In fact, a lot of Bolivia is amazing!!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I know - I thought that'd be the case, but blah, it freaked me out at the time, was a proper nasty dream :) I was already scared of going all that way by myself anyway :)

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by GravityBolivia
Yeh, the city has some way out there places for riding and racing....and the backdrop scenary is amazing as well!!

In fact, a lot of Bolivia is amazing!!

great to see its all coming together, see you in a few weeks!

May 19, 2004
Bolivia
Looking forward to seeing everyone for the race on the 4th of July...should be excellent. I am looking forward to seeing some of the best riders in Sth America battling on the streets of La Paz!!

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by GravityBolivia
Looking forward to seeing everyone for the race on the 4th of July...should be excellent. I am looking forward to seeing some of the best riders in Sth America battling on the streets of La Paz!!
ah no im not racing no way, either im going to be t here reporting or red bull chile sends me along to help alistair out.