Quantcast

First race of the fall season this weekend

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good luck man. Sunday FELT like my first race of the season since it had been 2 months since I had raced! You'll do fine dude.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

I was nervous as hell because this was my first race in 2 months since I got deathly ill before Brian Head. I thought I was going to puke as I took a spot right next to a couple pros on the start line. Right away off the line I was 5th behind 3 pros and an expert lady 30-39. By the end of the first mile I had passed one of the pros and the climbing started. I was able to pass another pro and then settled in behind the older expert lady for the next 8 miles of climbing. At the very top of the Summit we had caught up to a couple of guys and the 4 of us were kind of in a paceline. It is here that I decided to go. My legs felt extremely strong and I wasnt' tired at all.

I made my move standing out of the saddle and passed all three of them. Nobody followed, so I spent the rest of the race pretty much on my own. I was whooping and hollering when I got to the start of Upper Fall Line because that trail rocks! I was smooth and fluid all the way through the dust, sand, drops, and rocks - no problems.

When I got to the Pineknot road (it's long and straight), I looked back and there was nobody in sight but I still shifted into the big ring and hammered through to the finish.

No flats, no broken shoe, no crashes.. just pure racing.

I am so happy. I ended up winning by 16 minutes and my time was good enough to get 2nd place as a Pro!

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
WOW WOW WOW is all that I can say!!!!! That is awesome Heidi...I have a feeling you will be going pro in no time, sponsored by Ridemonkey of course!!!!:D

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Damn. Headline - Big Bear, CA.

Rock Star Heidi decimates the field.

On August 25th, 2002, Heidi "the Rock Star" makes all contestants in the Amcup Mountain Bike competition feel like beginners. When asked how she managed to pull a 16 minute lead from the competition, Heidi responded, "Competition? What competition. They are puny and weak. I think most of them still need training wheels." She proceeded to raise her middle finger, in gesture to the rest of the field, this is believed to be an ancient primitive display of the alpha female. Heidi, one of the many lovely Mudhunnies of Ridemonkey.com, is a rising star in the heavens of Mountain Biking. She is sure to be a dominating force in the years to come.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Thanks guys. It isn't over though, I now have to do well up in N* and then at the last race in the series which is in October. Then I can breathe easy and rest assured that I am the CA State Champion. Back to training!:)

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Originally posted by The Toninator
man i nervous
I know how you feel, I have been racing in my sleep all week! Can't wait to get the rubber on the dirt! The only thing I know for sure... I will still be chasing the elitist B!

Good Luck Ton!

Heidi - all I can say is Wow! that is impressive!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Chris01

I know how you feel, I have been racing in my sleep all week! Can't wait to get the rubber on the dirt! The only thing I know for sure... I will still be chasing the elitist B!

Good Luck Ton!

Heidi - all I can say is Wow! that is impressive!
heidi is "The Woman!"

Thanks you too. you've got a TOUGH field to race. I'll be up there shortly providing myself as course fodder;)