Quantcast

first race of the fall

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Long story short:
Didn’t crash (bad) ----> Good for me (major goal)
Shock blew again ------> bad for me cost me at least one spot and a top 10.
Finished below my target time -----> Good for me.
I still can’t beat those guys at the top -------> ****ers
I'm going to install the Z2 i won from RM and try it out at the next race ------------> good for me :thumb:
Got 11th -------------> little disappointed but oh well.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hey Tony, great job. It's your first race back, you should be proud of your results. 11th is great..plus, you met a lot of your other goals. Now you just have room to move up in the standings.:)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
oh heidi it was sick. on the starts, especially tough courses like this one, i usually start mid-pack and go about 80 to 85% the get about 2 miles in and then put the burn on but we go about 500 yards and i realize that I’m second and there's not really anybody around me and that I’m maxing out. I decided that my only real option was to just keep pounding it out and hope most blow up soon so i can back off and rest a little bit but I just couldnt maintain. I slowed a little and that's all this little group needed to get around.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator
oh heidi it was sick. on the starts, especially tough courses like this one, i usually start mid-pack and go about 80 to 85% the get about 2 miles in and then put the burn on but we go about 500 yards and i realize that I’m second and there's not really anybody around me and that I’m maxing out. I decided that my only real option was to just keep pounding it out and hope most blow up soon so i can back off and rest a little bit but I just couldnt maintain. I slowed a little and that's all this little group needed to get around.
Well, at least you tried it. It's important to know what kind of starter you are and work on it. I can offer very little advice, because I am a fast starter naturally. I usually am one of the first 5 off the line and I hold it. Are you making sure you are warmed up enough so that your legs and heart are already up to race speed?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator
i was running a little late to the race so i didnt get a good warm up. I know that had a lot to do with it.
Well still, good job man. When's your next race?

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Good Race Ton...... your group had some real sandbaggers show up for this one, it will settle in soon! Plus that course was brutal, it was a race of attrition, lots of flats, lots of mechanicals etc.

You looked strong, you shouldn't worry about holding back, you will not blow up! Just pound it out and let the others blow up around you.

... maybe it was the socks?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
heheh sandbaggers *** coughcough colfax coughcough ***
thanks man.
Hey congrats to you on your first sport race that was a great freakin finish:)
i prerode xbar monday and it's going to be fun. You going?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Interesting figures. After the practice race here last month i had really bad back problems and decided i needed a change. I changed the seat post length, the saddle position and ran without a camel back. I was able to shave 1:30 off of my time and have minimal back problems
last year, first race: 0:51:12
practice race this year 0:45:29
race this year: 0:43:59