Quantcast

first trail ride on the D.O.C.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
great weather today, so i decided to take the DOC out for a trail spin, rather than my typical XC bike. pulled up the seat, slapped on the Egg Beaters, and rolled out.

5mins 43sec later, i flat. no spare tubes, no patch kit. walk back to my truck, bitch and moan, load up and leave.

moral of the story: Buy Slime tubes.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
the Inbred said:
great weather today, so i decided to take the DOC out for a trail spin, rather than my typical XC bike. pulled up the seat, slapped on the Egg Beaters, and rolled out.

5mins 43sec later, i flat. no spare tubes, no patch kit. walk back to my truck, bitch and moan, load up and leave.

moral of the story: Buy Slime tubes.

Carry an extra tube. Or use DH tubes. Or both!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
oh man, Slime tubes are God's gift to me. i haven't had a flat in my rear tire on my XC bike in about 3yrs, using the same Slime tube. rotational weight sucks, but beats carrying a pump and/or tube and patch kit. plus the assurance that i won't flat is nice. actually, that's more important than the pump/tube/patch kit thing.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
the Inbred said:
oh man, Slime tubes are God's gift to me. i haven't had a flat in my rear tire on my XC bike in about 3yrs, using the same Slime tube. rotational weight sucks, but beats carrying a pump and/or tube and patch kit. plus the assurance that i won't flat is nice. actually, that's more important than the pump/tube/patch kit thing.

Yea, ut with DH tubes you can run super low pressure without pinch flatting. I have pinch flatted slime tubes a bunch. Slime isn't bad. Just messy

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
chicodude01 said:
Carry an extra tube. Or use DH tubes. Or both!
not a fan of using DH tubes in 2.3 tires. i should've had a tube with me, my bad. tomorrow it's off to the LBS for Slime tubes.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
the Inbred said:
Did you check out the spin skins man? The duro's wiegh 41 grams a piece. And Park tool Super Patch kits are the size and wieght of a .50 cent peice.
http://www.parktool.com/tools/GP_2.shtml

c'mon man get with the program here. :p

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Skookum said:
Did you check out the spin skins man? The duro's wiegh 41 grams a piece. And Park tool Super Patch kits are the size and wieght of a .50 cent peice.
http://www.parktool.com/tools/GP_2.shtml

c'mon man get with the program here. :p
big pie in my face. i actually have 3 of those Super Patch kits in my Camelbak. wow. i feel like a jackass. those Spin Skins are kinda pricey, at $50 for 2. i might give them a shot over the summer.

dexterq20 said:
And you call yourself a mountain biker...
no, i call myself....Batman.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
the Inbred said:
big pie in my face. i actually have 3 of those Super Patch kits in my Camelbak. wow. i feel like a jackass. those Spin Skins are kinda pricey, at $50 for 2. i might give them a shot over the summer.
haha who says spamming isn't effective. :oink:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
well crap. changed the tube last night, checking the tire for thorns and whatnot, and i'm flat this morning. looks like i'll be riding the ol' Inbred today. gosh darn.