Quantcast

Fluidride #2

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
No, its still at Hood, I dont think they would change that. Im pretty sure they will be using a different course, something more of a Super D than a downhill, becuase of all the snowpack still there. So ive been hearing bring your 6 inch bikes. I'd say give FluidRide a call, they will fill you in on all the info.

ryebread

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Central Oregon
wow 430.oo for pre-reg. I'm assuming thats 30.00

6 in. bike? is the course comparable to Ashland DH then?

Experts need a norba license, do I need an ORBA one as well?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I understand the desire for diversity in course/venues, but I'd much rather race a legit dh course like PA one more time than ride the bridle trail. just my $.02

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Stay tuned. No official changes have happened, but keep your eye out for some news about possible change of venue for Fluidride Cup Race #2.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
Stupid canadians... Take your coves and your chumbas and stay off our race courses!

Sounds like there are two new sections just finished, one for the beginer sport and one for expert pro. Sounds like they are killer!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
sheiit!!! ill be in town from england this time i believe.

i originally was gonna fly in the 8th then moved it the 15th, but if theres a race at PA mite as well go to that, hehehe

i shall see you all there hopefully

kinda gay, i have to renew my license tho.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Stupid canadians... Take your coves and your chumbas and stay off our race courses!

Sounds like there are two new sections just finished, one for the beginer sport and one for expert pro. Sounds like they are killer!
yep there is new lines on both courses. Nothing is etched in stone yet, but possible lines are:
Beg/Sport- White Knuckle - to a new line (unnamed) to the left just past Motoguzzi - to either the bottom of the knuck or cakewalk???
Pro/Expert- Maybe Railage - to a screaming fast new section to Lower Pro. It should connect straight into the step-up by then but not the step-down.

They are both some old cat roads that have been opened up and are very fast and flowy.

See you soon.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
word!!!! stoked on the pa race for the second round the new lines should be a blast cant wait to ride them. does that mean the third race will be in hood? anyways should be blast cant wait.

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
Hey guys, figured I'd try to clear up some confusion.
Due to the recent location change of the FRCup # 2, we've had to change some other things around a bit as well.

FRCup # 2 - May 9,10,11th in Port Angeles
June - moved to Sept.
FRCup # 3 - July 12,13th at Ski Bowl
FRCup # 4 - Aug 23,24th in Port Angeles
FRCup # 5 - Sept 13,14th at Ski Bowl
FRCup # 6 - Sept 27,28th at Ski Bowl

Cheers!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Right, but that one has always been a June Ski Bowl race. That particular Ski Bowl event is separate from the Fluidride Cups
They may want to update there website dates... It still shows a Fluidride cup in June, and there race the following weekend.... I copied this off the site....

June 14-15 Fluidride Freeride Cup
Port Angeles, WA FR Cup DH #3

June 21-22 Shiloh Cyclery Challenge
Mt. Hood Skibowl DH #2