Quantcast

Fluidride race at Schweitzer becomes All-Gravity Series race!!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Can someone confirm what I heard when I was up at Schweitzer yesterday? I heard that the Fluidride race there has been cancelled.

It sounds like the All Gravity Series (WSE/Bike Hub) is working on taking over hosting so that it can happen anyway, especially in view of what happened at Mt. Spokane. But I'm not seeing any chatter about it anywhere or any news on the Fluidride Cup site. Anybody??

Last edited:

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
Per their FB account, my buddy passed this on to me yesterday:

Bad news…the FluidRide Cup event at Schweitzer is cancelled. Good news…we’re in discussions with the promoters of the All Gravity Series to replace the race that was cancelled at Mt Spokane this past weekend. Keep your fingers crossed and t...here will still be a licensed USA Cycling DH race at Schweitzer the weekend of 20-22 August. Stay tuned for more details later this week.

PS… The trail that was built for the Pro/Cat1 riders is still open and rideable…Check it out and let us know what you think.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Thanks for the link! Wonder why we had to hear it only from Schweitzer?

And yes, the pro course is open, but will have to let someone better than me decide if it's rideable. Pretty rough-hewn right now - - which is good in a lot of ways - - but some of the runouts below the features seem a bit sketchy. I must be a wuss.

theloose

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
We will most likely be taking over this race, expect the entry fee to be $30-$35 rather than $49. I'm just waiting on a call from USA Cycling to make sure we can get everything permitted in time.

Price breakdown for lift tickets:
$27 - 2 day
$15 - day of race

Josh
All Gravity Series
509-262-4122
josh@wheelsporteast.com

Last edited:

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Nice work Josh! Way to be man, good to see you guys are pulling through and making this happen.

Lars

Cuervo

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
Yeah Schweitzer! Real DH and hi-speed chairlifts. I'll be there for sure if you can make it happen.

-Boe

theloose

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
Registration will be online at allgravityseries.com by tomorrow (August 6th, 2010). Please pre-register if you can, payment can be made at the race by selecting the "Pay at Event" option. We'd like to have a good idea of attendance... Thanks!

Josh
allgravityseries.com
josh@wheelsporteast.com
509-262-4122

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Awesome should be fun! Any beta on the new track? I hope it's good as the old one, which was about 5 minutes of brutality top to bottom. One of the best tracks I have ever ridden!

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
Awesome should be fun! Any beta on the new track? I hope it's good as the old one, which was about 5 minutes of brutality top to bottom. One of the best tracks I have ever ridden!

I never rode the all of the old course because It was before my time ( We have poached Alterboy and the bowling alley last year), but I spent all last weekend trying to dial the new course and it is pretty tough all the way down.. there is a 1/4 mile fire road that it your only real break and other then that it is really rough all the way down.. defiantly needs some people up there riding it and riding it in. It should be a fun course once a few changes are made that I talked with the crew about and it starts to get ridden in a bit more.

I have a vid on my camera of me eating it hard off a drop and into stumps and rocks from that course last weekend...