Quantcast

Folsom Dirt Jump Jam Sept 12th

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Check out norcalhub.com and go to cyclebration or the fam jam icon and get full details. This is a Redbull sponsored event so expect some good times and a quality event. It will be held at the Cummings Family Park in Folsom and will have a whole new series of jumps built and designed for this comp. Including the world famous Red Bull ramps for those with the cajones to handle them.
Details include-BMX and MTB. Separate classes, one am BMX, one am MTB as well as an open Pro BMX class and an open Pro MTB class. So far the purse is up to $1500 for the pros and there are DJ frames and bikes as well as other cool schwag for the ams. Registration is open on Active.com and the jumps will be open next week I believe. If not, you can always come check em out and ride the rest of the park which has the redbull wallride and the newly finished dual cross course-yes I said dual cross. Come check it out!

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Nice, I'll try to swing by next week and snap some shots. I'll post on here for anyone that's curious.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
The Jumps are being built as we speak and will continue with construction until the day. Spangler and Drew Powers, two of the best dirtjumpers and builders out there have agreed as of yesterday to help us out, thank God, so things will be changing and I can say for the better. This is going to be a fun event.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
FYI, the jumps are turning out very well. In fact, they are AMAZAZING!!! We have two more official build nights coming up and I can guarantee that you will be blown away with how good these are turning out. The turn out is looking better and better as we have a few local pros getting excited and bringing in some friends from the surrounding areas. I'll keep the updates rollin'...check out the park when you get a minute. George Stephenson is puttin in some serious work and you should at least go by and say thanks. He's the guy that looks like Christian Slater and Elvis had a baby...and he's probably stylin over the doubles on his Eddie Van HAlen bike.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Got some comin from George. He says, build night thursday and some jumping, build night next tuesday with some jumping and then Jam Prep Emaculate preparation day on thursday the 11th, no jumping. Times should be around 5 to 10 for each night. I'll get pics as soon as I can.

Last edited:

mr.c

Chimp
Jul 16, 2008
el doraod hills, ca

i couldnt find any other pics of it, i live up one city but i have not been there yet. my buddy stopped by and said it has gotten a lot better, supposedly these are just pis from the mtb skills park there is also the bmx track which supposedly the jumps are clearable now whereas they use to just roll so no one would get hurt, i will go check it out tomorrow and try to get some pics if i have time

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Uh, yeah, those pictures are not current and don't show any of the jumps for the jam...please remove them if you can as they detract from anyone wanting to look at this thread, thanks.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I have tried everything to upload them and it aint workin for me. I believe there are pics on the Folsombikepark myspace page. Spangler and Drew and Haderer and many others turned out last thursday and the jumps are amazing. There is a huge Redbull Wood kicker to start off the pro line and it kicks you into a hip that leaves you with two pro lines. One with a six pack that is six foot first lip and grow progressivly until the final lip with two or three transfer lines optional and then there is the Large set that has two very big doubles that have a larger gap and a steeper lip with two transfer lines available as well. It is turning out splendidly as is the prize cache for the ams, wheels, frames, tires,pads, brakes and loits more. There will be some creative judging as well. It will not be entirely all about skill and fearlessness but about fun and creativity will be rewarded as well. We'll have the tough guy, best crash award as well as the "Just in case reward" for the worst "Case"of the jam.
Rumors are that there will be some big players from both the BMX family and the MTB folks contending for the $1500.00. Should be a great time had by all. The final two dig/build nights are still Tuesday and thursday from 5 to 10 pm. Tuesday you should be able to jump still but Thursday will be final prep night before the Jam. Come out and get dirty!

Last edited: