Quantcast

fontana DH race nov 19th

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i did the collegiate race out there a few weeks ago... it was a really fun course, good mix of tech and pedaling. it kicked my ass quite goodly.

hahahah word! sweet nihilist avatar by the way... i live in fallbrook, we should ride some time.
yeah, we should hit up somewhere this next week... i have it off for thanksgiving break.

Nihilist??? well, its hard not to like them after i grew up with Lauren...

either way, NIHILIST KILLS!!!
too bad they only have "call down the thunder" so far, cant wait for their next CD

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Thanks man.

How long does it take to walk up the course? Will it be shoulder-to-shoulder spectators, or not too bad?
it'lll probably take like 15 minutes or so to walk up the course.... there will probably be about 25 spectators total....

(i'm assuming you're talking about DH)

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
it'lll probably take like 15 minutes or so to walk up the course.... there will probably be about 25 spectators total....

(i'm assuming you're talking about DH)
So few? When I checked the results from the last several races at Southridge, it looked like it averaged about 250 riders in the XC races and 150 for DH. You'd think there would be more friends and family there.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
So few? When I checked the results from the last several races at Southridge, it looked like it averaged about 250 riders in the XC races and 150 for DH. You'd think there would be more friends and family there.

haha yeah I was exaggerating... overall the specatators are always minimal... never shoulder to shoulder, trying to elbow your way in to see the racers.... generally they're all grouped around the hard sections to watch the carnage... VULTURES!

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
i moved to esco for one week, then moved back to fallbrook... i hate your stupid town!!!!! :bonk:
hahah.... yah, i never spend much time here... but i agree! lol
esco is weird... a ton of really nice places right next to crappy ****ty places, next to million dollar homes, next to ****ty areas. Luckily i live down the way a little towards lake hodges, so i'm away from the crap!

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
hahah.... yah, i never spend much time here... but i agree! lol
esco is weird... a ton of really nice places right next to crappy ****ty places, next to million dollar homes, next to ****ty areas. Luckily i live down the way a little towards lake hodges, so i'm away from the crap!
hahaha no doubt... is the shop up and running?

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
hahaha no doubt... is the shop up and running?
it's slowly coming together... just taking a lot of time & money.... & since it's a one man show.....time is what's killing me the most.... well the money too! haha

it's gonna take a while for the paint booth as well....so in the mean time, i'm going to work on my softgoods & photo studio.

i'm gonna have a 'grand opeining' in the spring i think...once thing's up & running a bit more (so it looks like i'm actually doing stuff...rather than just an empty warehouse! haha)

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Can you bring my dolly to fontucky? I'll bring an extra SRS E13 guide if you still need it. I'll be there early Sat then coming back buck early Sun..

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
Can you bring my dolly to fontucky? I'll bring an extra SRS E13 guide if you still need it. I'll be there early Sat then coming back buck early Sun..
fo sho.. didn't see you today. i didn't get there til mid day though.

i'll bring it up w/ me tomorrow....i'll try & remember to get back to the shop. if i forget for some reason i'll make sure to get back before you & maybe meet up off the 15 as you're coming down.

thanks again!

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
super stoked to be riding again! i had a blast at fontucky... but i'm over hacking up this black sh*t from my lungs! i met my goals (having not ridden or raced in about... 4 yrs i think!?!?) - i stayed on 2 wheels...& i didn't end up last! haha i still felt super tentative going through the rockier technical sections... but it'll improve with time

it was great to see Nigel Page out there...& win the Pro field no less!

My new sunday was AMAZING!!!! i'm seriously impressed w/ the performance of this bike! i felt at home as soon as i threw a leg over this machine! superb quality!

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
J, nice seeing your ghost out there again.
After coming back from injury and then doing one of this yesterday during practice.....

I went ultra conservative on my race run.
I was yacking out my McMuffin at the finish from forcing my rear wheel to spin with a pumped up rear brake caliper.
Good times and hope you keep riding.

*rest of the pics are posted in the SoCal Gallery...whatever shots my wife took.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
After coming back from injury and then doing one of this yesterday during practice.....

I was yacking out my McMuffin at the finish from forcing my rear wheel to spin with a pumped up rear brake caliper.

*rest of the pics are posted in the SoCal Gallery...whatever shots my wife took.

OW!!!!! That's my buddy Derek.... That crash resulted in a nasty concussion, a first degree shoulder separation, and one mangled brand new TLD D2.....

At least he looked good doing it though!

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I got one of him going down from another angle, but I'm still working on downloading the 7GB of photos from yesterday.

Wish I had a faster upload-to-web speed...I've got to find a T1 or this is going to take DAYS!

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.

man that doesn't look like fun.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
It was good to get out and race again. Stacked fields, a pretty sweet course and a bunch of cool people, hard to go wrong there.

See y'all in January