Quantcast

Fontana Race Pics-I have your pic!

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I have this weekends race too!

If you raced DH I most likely have your pic! I didnt get the last few people that went and a few people in the middle because I was changing places. So if you want your pic send me a email at: merrrrjig@yahoo.com, or AIM me at merrrrjig.
Please tell me- your bike, what you were wearing, your plate #, and what classs, Thank You!

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
Capistrano Beach in the OC
merrrrjig said:
If you raced DH I most likely have your pic! I didnt get the last few people that went and a few people in the middle because I was changing places. So if you want your pic send me a email at: merrrrjig@yahoo.com, or AIM me at merrrrjig.
Please tell me- your bike, what you were wearing, your plate #, and what classs, Thank You!
Wow, are you like a professional mountain bike movie, magazine photographer? You must know tons of pros, can you get me Kyle Straits autograph!? :D

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Yeah the course was fun... but they need to step it up organizing these races... Another truck and van is definetly needed with this kind of turnout.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
The shuttles did take a long time; I walked up all but once on race day. But never the less the course was pretty rad, I thought the promoters did a bang up job.

They sectioned up the experts and beginners, which was cool. There were some turn sections, some real sandy, a couple off camber ones. It was very easy to make mistakes in all of them. There was one uphill part, which sucked, but necessary to drop riders down some of the more technical rock sections. Those involved a few steep roll ins, a left hand dip that claimed me a couple times in practice, but also allowed me to make a pass in my race run. :D That was followed by another off camber turn than a steep section were you could catch your breath. After that it was more pedaling along a flat section across a paved road, then pedal some more and reach the best section of course. A lot of times were separated right here. Slower riders had to snake through it making a lot of turns. Faster riders could double up and hip into it... bounce over a spined shaped rock, lay off the brakes... gain enough speed to hop-step down over another boulder lining up just right to nail the rock jump, “a 13ft gap with a rock face for a take off.” pump the landing and manual though the shallow end of the mud. Slower riders would turn around everything wind up with a slow start through the deep end of the mud losing a lot of speed. Which was very bad cause you wanted as much as possible to sprint the quarter mile wall section before getting to the finish line.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Damn... You just made my time sound 2324443241 seconds slower.

Actaully, I didn't even get mine. When results went up, I wasn't on them. I told them and left... Just waiting for it on the website now...

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
downhillzeypher said:
Damn... You just made my time sound 2324443241 seconds slower.

Actaully, I didn't even get mine. When results went up, I wasn't on them. I told them and left... Just waiting for it on the website now...

That sucks, I would be pretty bent If I didn't get to see my results.

Good luck on your time.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
That course hurts when you do stupid things to it. But it's about time Fontucky ante up the course layout... Sweet course.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
downhillzeypher said:
Dude I heard you were taking the craziest freakin lines... Props to you man!

haha. I was just copying what I saw. I don't think I was only one hitting that section??? Anyways I was just glad to make it through clean on my race run.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Yeah I was like, either that guy's gonna be the one they're gonna be scraping off the ground, or the one who eats us alive by 20 seconds.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
downhillzeypher said:
Yeah I was like, either that guy's gonna be the one they're gonna be scraping off the ground, or the one who eats us alive by 20 seconds.

haha, fast and out of control is the riding style I strive for. :D

Were you racing my class? what bike were you on?

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
downhillzeypher said:
I was wearing a black sleeveless jersey. Silver bighit. I was in Y class... You were in expert or sport at least right?

Yeah, I was in expert. I had a friend on a blue Nicolia who raced Y and ended up with second. Not bad for a first race. He's moving up to expert next event.

Did you ever see your results? I know they where posted this morning. But as of now there not working.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Fonzie18 said:
Fast, smooth and always in control is what I usually strive for, didn't happen this weekend!!! :mumble:

That sucks I'm sorry to hear you crashed. I think your the one who beat me in the last race. I was looking foward to racing you again this time. :D Oh well, next time.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
haha... they prolly took it down to put MY result in... I checked this morning and I was all pist cause they didn't put my result at the race AND they didn't get it on the internet... so I called and the guy said he'd do something about it.

Eigil

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
East County
Fonzie18 said:
Ahahaha, thank you for that Gregory.

After my unfortunate first race as a Semi-Pro I decided that DH racing is too dangerous and I'm gonna quit racing... :rolleyes:
That's what I did. It's safer that way.

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
Capistrano Beach in the OC
MTBPHOTO.COM

I wonder where EC comes up with all his crazy lines? Wink Wink.

OoOo, this one is for your mom :sneaky:

EC is thinking he needs to get a sweet official Fuzz El Policia shirt like mine, haha
:p

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Thanks guys, Ill be out at the next race too! Ill try to get some ****s made for myself so I will be noticed. But if I have been sending you photos I will burst shot you and get a bunch of pics for you! Cant wait till next race, (Johnny is slow!)