Quantcast

Fontana this weekend?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Will it me rainy and miserable or is it worth a 2 hour drive? I've gotta decide whether or not to go, I'm worried because the forecast says it's going to rain tomorrow and I don't want to ride in a mud pit.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Well, the dirt might be good, but I think I'm over it. Standing around getting soaked doesn't sound too fun, especially because I have pretty much no rain-protection clothing. Jeans+t-shirt=suck.

johnnypop

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
San Jose/Santa Barbara
Hey guys! i figured i'd just use this thread instead of starting something new... but here's a few pictures from Sunday's events... not the greatest, but I dig them.

my goal for the day was to shoot pretty much everything wideangle... for practice, so that's what i came up with.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Nice to make it into your gallery... thanks for the memories. You captured Fontana in one of it's finer moments (excluding rain).

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
those are some shots. was there to race but ended up getting there late and opted for breakfast rather than rushing to make registration. nothing worse than trying do anykind of riding on an empty stomach.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I have a 20D with a Tamron 17-35 and 55-200. I was thinking about getting a fish or 70-200 after a flash. I like how the 10.5 looks; really wide, but not overkill.

johnnypop

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
San Jose/Santa Barbara
i just recently bought both the 10.5 and the 70-200 2.8.... you'll be extremely happy with either one, i've shot with them both several times, but finally using them for action stuff, they're great.

ncg53

Chimp
Oct 31, 2005
coool, third pic down is me!!! I love how everyone else has a jersey, or/and real biking shorts on.. then theres me with just regular shorts and t-shirt! :) Have any other shots of me? I would love to have that pic full size, dunno if you sell them or would be willing to hook me up.. send me a pm
Nick
edit- this one

Send-it

Chimp
Nov 15, 2006
Santa Monica
Very nice shots. Much better than the typical every picture from the same spot/angle. A little creativity and originality went a LONG way. I’m the last one above (demo 2 with red Oakley gear). Thanks.:thumb:

johnnypop

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
San Jose/Santa Barbara
thanks johnny i had an IH sunday with all ROGUE gear. white utopia goggles if that helps. thanks
sorry dude, i can't find anything... i was hiking around and watching for a while since i haven't been to fontana before, but next time i'll try to get alot more quality pictures, so if you'll be out there again, shoot me your bike/clothes/number plate and i'll see if i got some shots afterwards.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I guess your pics are pretty cool there Pop-a-wheelie:rolleyes: :) Just kidding, its nice not seeing a ton of pictures of the exact same spot of just different people. We ridin' this weekend?

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Hey john, rallyx-ing the evo on saturday. wanna go? Huh, huh? (if you dont know by now, its colin....) By the way, nice pics.