Quantcast

Fontana Warning...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Just a heads up for anyone who is planning to race Fontnana this weekend: there will be a huge NASCAR event going down on Sunday. Expect big delays on the freeway, you may want to get an early start on Sunday...

The drive home is going to be horrible!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Last year wasen't to bad. It sucked right in that Fontana/rancho mall area, but that was really the only bad spot at least getting to the 210 and heading west.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Zutroy said:
Last year wasen't to bad. It sucked right in that Fontana/rancho mall area, but that was really the only bad spot at least getting to the 210 and heading west.

The real problem is trying to get home. There's nothing better than 60,000 drunk rednecks getting on the freeway at the same time...

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
Heading to points south & west - we didn't have too much of a problem last year by going to the 60, west, then 15 south but I talked to a coworker that was coming from Lytle Creek area, (North on the 15) and he said traffic was horible, I think he was going through the area a little later than we were.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
blt2ride said:
The real problem is trying to get home. There's nothing better than 60,000 drunk rednecks getting on the freeway at the same time...

Yeah, but it really only was jammed in that one area that i saw, and it's always messed in that area anyways......who ever made such a short off-ramp to that mall on foothill should be shot.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
What direction do you suppose most of the inbred rednecks will be coming from?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Zutroy said:
Yeah, but it really only was jammed in that one area that i saw, and it's always messed in that area anyways......who ever made such a short off-ramp to that mall on foothill should be shot.
I think it was built when there was nothing out there, so it worked until people started moving to the lovely 909. It is a pretty bad part of the freeway...

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
The Best route is to take the 60 for Arriving and Leaving.

Go to yahoo maps and get the details:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=&csz=fontana%2C+ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Basically its:
1. 15 to the 60 East
2. Exit, Turn Left (North) on Country Village Road
3. Look for Hillcrest in 1.5-2 miles, turn right.
4. Turn towards the Park near the Vons shopping center

You can Also take 15 N
Exit Jurupa and head East until you hit Cherry ave. Turn right towards the hills. see # 4 above.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Another heads up. Hotel rates have a special redneck tax this weekend.....Oh joy!

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
riverside73 said:
I'd say Idaho, but most of their cars would never make it that far!:)
ahahhahah, good times in Idaho w/ all the rednecks, we saw 3 guys in a single cab pickup, all wearing camo, and their muffler was cut off, and then all the 12 year old kids dipping, ahha

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
amateur said:
The 15N was U-G-L-Y
I couldn't even get to the 15 north. We took the 10 west (what a mess) to the 605 north (a little better), and then the 210 west (better than the 10, but still a pretty bad drive).

I stayed for the awards, got something to eat, had to get gas, and then hit the ride. I got back to my house in the West San Fernando Valley at 9:30 p.m. It was a long day in Fontana, since I left my house at 7:00 a.m.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
We stayed for awards and bailed and got to Goleta by 8:45
15N......totally F'd
210W....F'd for 30-45 minutes

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Shyrmp said:
Was the traffic better than this?
It was way better, I just got to sit back, smoke dope and let Joe do the driving!
The swear filter could handle what I gotta say about that rim:redhot: :p