Quantcast

fontana???????

downhill24/7

Chimp
Jan 31, 2005
Boulder
does fontana ever have any big jumps? i hear its differant every time and want to ride. but my trip is getting big air, jumps?? anyone?

downhill24/7

Chimp
Jan 31, 2005
Boulder
oh ya my freind, or not friend, but this kid talks alot of crap and has a pos bike, ya think he could ride the begginner class. wen i say pos i mean like wallmart bike

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
dude shain, what the hell are you babbling about??!!! You don't even make sense.

Anyway, as far as you're concerned fontana doesn't have "jumps". There are times when your wheels might leave the ground, but YOU wouldn't call them jumps. Fontana (from the one time I've been there) is just a fun little hill with some really cool rock sections. You'll like it.

And you friend (is that the kid that allways wants to set up some sort of bet w/you ?) or whatever with the p.o.s. bike probly would be best staying home. His bike wouldn't make it.

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
As far as jumps go, there is one decent road gap thing, but it's not garanteeded to run that way. And with 4X, I think they just need to do some digging. Meaning, build the jumps and what not. So if you're SUUUPER bored, go out and dig. but if not, then I would just leave it to SRC.

cfk

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Boulder, CO
ncrider said:
dude shain, what the hell are you babbling about??!!! You don't even make sense.

Anyway, as far as you're concerned fontana doesn't have "jumps". There are times when your wheels might leave the ground, but YOU wouldn't call them jumps. Fontana (from the one time I've been there) is just a fun little hill with some really cool rock sections. You'll like it.

And you friend (is that the kid that allways wants to set up some sort of bet w/you ?) or whatever with the p.o.s. bike probly would be best staying home. His bike wouldn't make it.
I just looked at his post and asked him(downhill24/7) "What is that post about? Are ya talkin to yo self?" And he said he was talkin about the kid you mentioned.

Anyway is Fontana Next week end ? Like love bunny just posted? If not contact me so I can make arrangements with You, the kid said you guys were planning a week-ender

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Yeah as far as I know it's "team SD" getting a room. As long as everybody from the last race is going it should be supper fun and cheap. Except Heather is getting so good now.... she might need her own suite. JK... your pics look sic from Sea Otter.

Hey CFK, yeah the race is next weekend. So that means the kid needs to train this weekend :blah: Are you going to come out to the race and watch the Incredible Hulk in action?

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
When you say next weekend, you mean the weekend after the one that occurs in 2 days right? April 30/May 1? Otherwise my dates are all screwed up..

BTW, as mentioned earlier I'm coming out on April 25 if anyone wants to do some shuttling or whatever - PM or e-mail me: m _ b e a u d r y @ r o g e r s . c o m (No spaces)

cfk

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
Boulder, CO
ncrider said:
Hey CFK, yeah the race is next weekend. So that means the kid needs to train this weekend :blah: Are you going to come out to the race and watch the Incredible Hulk in action?
Gotta check DA Kids schedule with you know who, he might not be able to make it :(

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
IntensedhRider said:
As far as jumps go, there is one decent road gap thing, but it's not garanteeded to run that way.

Road gap? I haven't ever seen a road gap at Fontana...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Heath Sherratt said:
Saweet. Sorry I didn't call last night, I'll get you tonight. After 6pm right?
I got your message but I had to work all day. I got your number and I will call you tonight for sure...D

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Heath Sherratt said:
Vet pro Class? What age is that? What is it all about?
What the hell is BMXMAN doing in that class anyways? We're too slow for him to be juking it in our class. 80% of those Vet "PROS" are there for a reason... aka -Peteryson, Stu, Umland... the rest??????

I think Vet Pros are over 35 and way faster than experts...I mean like whooping the expert class.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
snutty said:
im moving to redlands next week, so is fontana a place i can go any weekens and go shuttle? or is it a race venue only?
Nope you can't shuttle it, but you can ride it anytime and hike/ride back up a short road.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
It only takes about 7-10 minutes to hike up the service road which starts in a cul-de-sac. The only time it can be shuttled is during race weekends, for practice and race runs.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I'll be there for sure, this time I'll have better tires than the crap I was runnin at the last Fontana race. I'm thinkin about goin riding up there this sunday, anybody down for that?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Alex966 said:
I'll be there for sure, this time I'll have better tires than the crap I was runnin at the last Fontana race. I'm thinkin about goin riding up there this sunday, anybody down for that?
I might be down for that. what time you thinking?

Oh and sure thing Shyrmp. I'm everybodies scapegoat. :)

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
ncrider said:
I might be down for that. what time you thinking?

Oh and sure thing Shyrmp. I'm everybodies scapegoat. :)

Umm... I'm not sure yet... I wanna leave my car and bike at my friend's in La mirada after I go riding, and just catch a ride with someone I go up with back down to SD. Cause I'll be headin up to port hueneme with my work during the week before the race. I'll be racing the fontana race, so I'm gonna have my friend come pick me up from P.H. and bring me back to her house on the friday before the race. Then I'll drive up to Fontana. So I'm still tryin to figure out my plans, but I'll keep you posted.

What time would you be interested in goin up there?

I was runnin a Hutchison Octapus 2.3 up front and Panaracer Trailblaster 2.1 in the back, the panaracer is wearin low and I should have had at least a 2.3 in the back, and i should have been runnin a 2.5 up front. The tires just weren't hookin up at all in that loose sand. I just ordered a 909 EX 2.5 from intense tires, so I'll be runnin that up front with the hutchison in the back.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Alex966 said:
I was runnin a Hutchison Octapus 2.3 up front and Panaracer Trailblaster 2.1 in the back, the panaracer is wearin low and I should have had at least a 2.3 in the back, and i should have been runnin a 2.5 up front. The tires just weren't hookin up at all in that loose sand. I just ordered a 909 EX 2.5 from intense tires, so I'll be runnin that up front with the hutchison in the back.
Werd, I have a Intense FRO 2.35 if you are interested, I also have an EDGE FRO 2.35. Either would work well in the rear with that 909. We will probably be at Wal Mart on Sunday afternoon 6:00ish.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Hey Fonzie, everyone is gonna be there building today, if ya wanna head over there in a lil bit. I'm going over there in about 20 or 30 minutes. Ummm.. I've been there all week building up that table. It's done finally, and I put a hip lip on it as well. It's a fun jump.

As for the tires, I'm real broke right now, i'd love to get one of the tires off of ya, but right now, I have to find a way to get money for gas to get up to fontana and money to race and eat while I'm there. I already got the time off approved to go to the race, but now i'm broke, so I'm kinda hopin I can get the money. Looks like I'm gonna have to sell some of my XBOX games that I don't play. haha maybe find something else to sell and get some cash. Well I'll see ya at the walmart jumps bro!