Quantcast

For those going to Snowshoe this....

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
weekend. Here's the run down - notice the Western Express Lift is running Sat. and Sun. :thumb: That makes life a whole lot easier!

Friday, May 26
10am - 4:30pm - Ballhooter Lift for Bike Park Open
9am - 5:30pm - Shuttle For Western Territory
10am and 1pm - Guided Bike Tours
4pm - ? - Happy Hour at the Junction
8pm - Live entertainment at the Junction

Saturday, May 27
10am - 4:30pm - Ballhooter Lift and Western Express Lift Open
4pm - 6pm - DJ entertainment and giveaways
4pm - ? - Happy Hour at the Junction

Sunday, May 28
10am - 4:30pm - Ballhooter Lift and Western Express Lift Open

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
not to nit-pick, because i really like riding at snowshoe.

but with the $$$ it takes to get there and stay there, i'd like to see the w.t. lifts open more than just that short amount of time each day.

i realize that the guys that operate it don't work for free, but 4:30 is a little too early to call it quits.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dhbuilder said:
not to nit-pick, because i really like riding at snowshoe.

but with the $$$ it takes to get there and stay there, i'd like to see the w.t. lifts open more than just that short amount of time each day.

i realize that the guys that operate it don't work for free, but 4:30 is a little too early to call it quits.
the woods starts to get a bit dark at that time on the basin side, it's a shame that the dirt usually gets to be in its best shape at that time too...

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
BUCKET said:
weekend. Here's the run down - notice the Western Express Lift is running Sat. and Sun. :thumb: That makes life a whole lot easier!
Very cool. I will be there with 3 other Louisville guys. I haven't ridden Powerline yet but i hear good things.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
manhattanprjkt83 said:
is powerline open all the way to the top of the mtn?
no I talked to one of the guys that work there this morning. He said they havent cut any new trails yet. Just getting the existing ones ready to ride.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
gastro said:
I'll be there, staying in the low rent district at Silver Creek.
Camping in the parking lot? If so; ya might want to double check with some of the other monkies, because I heard they put a halt to that - not sure though.

Nately27

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
ill be there first thing friday morning! im so stoked. gonna try the silvercreek thing again till we get kicked out!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Yeah, we'll be doin the camping thing too, only with a big ole 5th wheel camper. So if anybody gets kicked out, it will defintiely be my crew. I'll be on a Giant Faith and my buddy will be on a Turner DHR. Be up there first thing friday morning. Hope to see everybody.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Unless something really f*cked upped happens at work today I hope to be there and riding by early afternoon on friday. I will be on a blue Tomac with a black shiver. say hey if you see me.

Dennis

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
manhattanprjkt83 said:
the woods starts to get a bit dark at that time on the basin side, it's a shame that the dirt usually gets to be in its best shape at that time too...

dark woods are what it's all about.
pop in the clear lenses and rip.

we ride windrock on wednesday evenings. it's so dark in there, and the light is coming in from a different angle than how we normally see it in the mornings or mid-day. it's almost like riding a different trail system.

i've ridden snoeshoe late in the day, same feeling exists there too.
and i agree with you on how the dirt is at it's best at the end of a day.

man, i can't wait to be turning wheels there.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
BUCKET said:
Camping in the parking lot? If so; ya might want to double check with some of the other monkies, because I heard they put a halt to that - not sure though.
where did you hear that.......?.........that would really suck.....

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Cant Climb said:
where did you hear that.......?.........that would really suck.....
Yes that would suck - I've camped there a couple of times myself. I don't remember who told me, but it was something about they were patroling the area more, and looking for free campers. I think if you pay the $25 bucks you're ok. I just thought I would pass that along incase some of you guys drive a long way looking to camp for free and aren't able to, because that would really suck. You might want to call Silvercreek, or ask someone more knowledgeable than me about camping there, because it might not be true at all.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Superdeft said:
not being able to camp for free would make it too expensive, if I'm going to pay $70 for gas I'd better be able to stay free.
you better change that thought process, resorts dont think like that, they dont care what it costs you to get there, only how they can bend you over when you arrive.

Snowshoe is a great spot, though and worth the money...Anyone know if they opened up the upper camp grounds they were talking about. Gravel sucks to camp on...

manhattanprjkt83 said:
Anyone know if they opened up the upper camp grounds they were talking about.
I remember reading that here also, but I'm skeptical - Intrawest owns Snowshoe, and I really doubt they'd accomodate campers as long as there are rooms available on the mountain.

If I'm not mistaken (although I probably am), Silver Creek is a separate, privately owned entity, and that's why it is (was?) okay to camp there. I never have figured out how to get a shower there, though...:help:

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
If you're camping for free, the only way to get a shower down there is to sneak into the silvercreek pool with somebody who has a pass. If you're up there this weekend, I'll be there, and we should have the pass since we're takin a camper and we gotta pay to get hook ups for the camper. Just find us and we can get you in if you want.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
anyone know what will/won't be open this weekend?

edit: also in my provious post i'm not implying that ss should provide free lodging, but it'd suck to get kicked out.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
at the end of last season a security gaurd started hasseling us and making us pay a silly fee to camp in the gravel lot. Im hoping to evade him this weekend... there is no way i would pay to sleep in a gravel lot.