Quantcast

Fork creaking......

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Well I swear this has been discussed, but I have been unable to find any old threads that seem to be directly related so......

My friend has an '02 Marz dirt jumper 2 fork, and it is creaking a-somethin fierce. His headset has been tightened, he also reamed the frame/headtube and re-set the headset to no avail, both are in fine condition. He has checked all external and tightening related possibilities and the thing still snap/crackles the same, and getting progressively worse with ride time.

So who knows the possible cause and remedy for this? As he recalls it has creaked since it was brand new, but has gotten much worse of late. Thanks for the info, or a kick in the right direction if this has been beaten into the ground already.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
ahh the simple solution. you mean we shouldn't muck around with the fork and frame until both are mere shadows of what they were prior to the annoying, yet functionally insignificant, sound?!!?

I think I will reccomend this to my friend, thanks.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Mmmm.. Bad cryofit. Nothing you can do for it - thought it's good you exhausted the other possibilities first.

Definitly send it back to Marz. They should warrenty it.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Marzo have extended the warranty on 02 forks...i had the same problem with my dj1 and they warrantied it a few months ago...they also offered me a crash replacement for a certain price but i was broke so i just got it fixed.