Quantcast

Fort Willy

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
So pumped. Lourdes was insane with a long gap till Ft Bill, and I think the stakes are fairly high for this race. Boyz and galz be coming out guns blazing is my prediction.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
This is all very exciting! ^^^

Combined with the least fun-looking terrain on the planet….

However, I’ll probably still get up at ridiculous-o-clock to watch the survivors of practice and qualifying preserve the remainders of their season.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
In the Downtime podcast, Chris Kilmurray was speculating that this track favors big, tall, heavier riders. He mentioned that Benoit might be a good pick, besides Amaury of course.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In the Downtime podcast, Chris Kilmurray was speculating that this track favors big, tall, heavier riders. He mentioned that Benoit might be a good pick, besides Amaury of course.
greg minnaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. he's been racing ft bilbo world cups as long as there have been world cups there

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
greg minnaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. he's been racing ft bilbo world cups as long as there have been world cups there
Yeah, it does sound like him. I just don't think Greg will win this one because he seems to peak late season, and he said he didn't ride much this offseason.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, it does sound like him. I just don't think Greg will win this one because he seems to peak late season, and he said he didn't ride much this offseason.

Sounds like he doesn't even bring a DH bike back to South Africa for the off season, which may be a key part to having a long career.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mmmm Haggis :drool:

Hater's gunna hate, but Ft William is always one of my favorites. Hope we see both Athertons back on track, even if it's just to shake the cobwebs.

They have work to do shilling bikes. But it would be great to see Rachel back and competitive.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
To me, Ft. Bill has always been funny like that. As compared to other tracks it's not much to look at, but all the racers treat it with a huge amount of respect and make it seem like one of the hardest races to win. I guess it's more evidence that the camera doesn't tell the whole story?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I tend to agree but I had a giggle when they used former Ft Bill winner Troy Brosnan as an example of the wrong body type for the course.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I tend to agree but I had a giggle when they used former Ft Bill winner Troy Brosnan as an example of the wrong body type for the course.
Interestingly, he also thought that maybe high pivot bikes won't be quite so great for the track due to the flat upper spots, although he acknowledged that Amaury won with the proto Commencal HP. I would have figured the rocky sections would favor them, and that they'd make or break the track more than bermy sections.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Certainly stoked for moar DH racing!

What's the best way to ensure your Fantasy team member is actually going to be there?

Asking for a friend

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Interestingly, he also thought that maybe high pivot bikes won't be quite so great for the track due to the flat upper spots, although he acknowledged that Amaury won with the proto Commencal HP. I would have figured the rocky sections would favor them, and that they'd make or break the track more than bermy sections.
I get his point about wanting to be able to pump the corners but I reckon he's potentially off the mark there. I reckon the HP bikes would be epic on that sort of track personally, saving heaps of energy and allowing a good strong finish. The lack of fatigue would have to be bonus on a track that brutal surely?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Certainly stoked for moar DH racing!

What's the best way to ensure your Fantasy team member is actually going to be there?

Asking for a friend
Follow their IG account.

Pretty much the only thing I use Instagram for. Bike and band content.