Quantcast

>>>Fourthderp<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ahh espresso so good. Back on a wheelchair transport route today

Got a call from my boss last night, very depressing. One of the coolest clients we have and someone that had become close friends with most of the drivers passed away yesterday, He was only 62. Rest in peace Ralph you were one classy human and we will miss you

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The back survived a pretty "normal" ride last night. Thats a good sign and only slightly sore this morning.

Need to get this work thing done and then go tire shopping for the car.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy ppls

WFH today. picking up Land Cruiser today after knee PT, now with catalytic converters replaced (and a new skidplate to thwart future repeat thieves).

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh hey guys! lol. I had a fast 7.5 mile run last night, and a slower (by design) 7.2 mile run this morning. After missing five weeks with the toe break, I think I am back up to full speed now. Will pedal later!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning of practice. I did manage to injure my own child while goalie training. I literally hit the 1" spot that isn't protected and really, she should have swatted the ball rather than rely on her pads. She's got a nice bruise and hopefully learned not to let those get to the pads. These chilly mornings have me enjoying the hot tub early too so that's a nice perk....very grateful we got a new one and glad to use it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Oh hey guys! lol. I had a fast 7.5 mile run last night, and a slower (by design) 7.2 mile run this morning. After missing five weeks with the toe break, I think I am back up to full speed now. Will pedal later!
I'm having my girls run more than they ever had at practice and we are running a mile a couple of times a week. We did a baseline time for them all on Tuesday and today they ran and many of them improved their time, others were quite similar and a couple were slower. They might hate it, but I know we will see a more athletic second half if we are more fit and many of them get it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Gotta mow and pick up around the yard. Child's 2nd bay party is on Saturday and we are in full prep mode.

Dump run soon to offload a bunch of waste from replacing windows/sheathing. So satisfying.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've got my elder kid hooked on Skyrim. We started on PS5 but switched to PC recently for the universe of mods. She has transitioned to keyboard and mouse control after initial complaining.
i spent a ridiculous amount of time on this game and the sequel when i was a teen.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i spent a ridiculous amount of time on this game and the sequel when i was a teen.
my games growing up were mainly Marathon. then Marathon 2. back when Bungie was a Mac-only house, how things have changed. then Quake 3 Arena while in undergrad.

then a big gap until Fallout 3, NV, 4. and another gap to Hogwarts Legacy on PS5 and then Skyrim these past few months. getting to things a decade late, eh

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my games growing up were mainly Marathon. then Marathon 2. back when Bungie was a Mac-only house, how things have changed. then Quake 3 Arena while in undergrad.

then a big gap until Fallout 3, NV, 4. and another gap to Hogwarts Legacy on PS5 and then Skyrim these past few months. getting to things a decade late, eh
too many games to keep up with. gta 3 rolled out when I was in HS, then vice city my freshman year of college. only game series i've consistently played since I moved back to the east coast from LA is zelda. but i was late on the switch bandwagon and only started last xmas.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
too many games to keep up with. gta 3 rolled out when I was in HS, then vice city my freshman year of college. only game series i've consistently played since I moved back to the east coast from LA is zelda. but i was late on the switch bandwagon and only started last xmas.
We have a Switch but it sits disused almost always now in the face of console + PC options downstairs. I have little Nintendo era nostalgia--only dabbled a bit with OG Zelda on NES and the like.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have a Switch but it sits disused almost always now in the face of console + PC options downstairs. I have little Nintendo era nostalgia--only dabbled a bit with OG Zelda on NES and the like.
my kids are big on the switch. we play a lot of smash bros and mario kart because we can all play together.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
almost a month out from the city to shore ride..... doing the century this year if anyone wants to donate that hasn't already

:spam:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This makes being productive harder than normal.

Screenshot_20230824_095102_Chrome.jpg

I could go do some brake bleeds, there are 3 bikes in the queue...

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
:wave:

Gotta mow and pick up around the yard. Child's 2nd bay party is on Saturday and we are in full prep mode.

Dump run soon to offload a bunch of waste from replacing windows/sheathing. So satisfying.
Yes!!! I got a dumpster a couple of summers ago and filled that baby in a day. It was amazing how much crap we got rid of. Thinking I'll likely do it again next spring.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. To sleep early, awake early but tired and couldn't get back to sleep. Dropping the kart off at the track with the shop to do some work on it before the race this weekend.

Waiting impatiently to hear about job I was referred into. If/when I get it, my biggest concern will be my individual clients not having proper support and advice anymore. But I gotta take care of my family first. I'm really struggling to keep working on my current stuff though.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
my kids are big on the switch. we play a lot of smash bros and mario kart because we can all play together.
Samesies, but we are late adopters //////cheap as in our platform before the switch was wii...

Many a fun hour spent playing kirbys magic yarn with the kiddos on that bad larry

Lately been playing techmobowl on the switch (nes legacy)

Y U no have Blades of Steel Nintendo?

1692894625330.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Samesies, but we are late adopters //////cheap as in our platform before the switch was wii...

Many a fun hour spent playing kirbys magic yarn with the kiddos on that bad larry

Lately been playing techmobowl on the switch (nes legacy)

Y U no have Blades of Steel Nintendo?

View attachment 199420
we started on the wii as well. i dusted my old one off. i still have a first gen wii that plays game cube discs and has ports for GC controllers as well.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just when I think I’ve seen it all…
I was cc’d on an email from a business partner to the bank contact. Instead of forwarding our existing email chain, the partner took a phone pic of the email he had up on his laptop/desktop and sent that pic as an attachment to the banker. The numbers weren’t legible so he retyped them, and added pennies where I had rounded to whole dollars.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just when I think I’ve seen it all…
I was cc’d on an email from a business partner to the bank contact. Instead of forwarding our existing email chain, the partner took a phone pic of the email he had up on his laptop/desktop and sent that pic as an attachment to the banker. The numbers weren’t legible so he retyped them, and added pennies where I had rounded to whole dollars.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I've got my elder kid hooked on Skyrim. We started on PS5 but switched to PC recently for the universe of mods. She has transitioned to keyboard and mouse control after initial complaining.
The Skyrim music is good. Actually so much video game music is good....we played a great medley last year and my students loved it!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The Skyrim music is good. Actually so much video game music is good....we played a great medley last year and my students loved it!
ah, you'd appreciate this: my 10 year old is starting string ensemble this year. video audition tape to get in in the first place, then in person audition on two excerpts they specified for seating.

she got seated as second chair! as in first stand of firsts, inside.

:)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
ah, you'd appreciate this: my 10 year old is starting string ensemble this year. video audition tape to get in in the first place, then in person audition on two excerpts they specified for seating.

she got seated as second chair! as in first stand of firsts, inside.

:)
YES! That's awesome! And quite competitive for string ensemble....very nice!