Quantcast

Fox 40 rc2 vs. RS Boxxer Team

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
i can't make up my mind and need someone to make a decision for me. :biggrin:

i have a fox 40 rc2 '08 and i actually like it so far. now i have found a new 09 boxxer team for ca. 600,- € on the internetz (but as it is also offered in black i think it might be a 08) and i'm considering selling my 40 and take the boxxer.

if i should take the boxxer it would be simply out of curiosity, as i have no complaints about my 40. but i also never have ridden a boxxer!

so the question is: change the fork, just for the sake of changing??????

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
FOX 40-
Pros- High speed, low speed compression:brow:
Cons- The high speed, low speed compression never worked on my 08 and still doesn't on the 09! Blown up the 40 twice. Fox CS sucks in the USA for the most part, its been 50/50 for me.

I am running a 09 team this year instead, so I have no experience with them yet.

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
If I had no fork I would spend my cash on the Boxxer. I think they work as good as they need to yet are lighter and much better value. But as you already have the 40s unless there getting past there best i see no real reason to change.

smithyM1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
I put up a thread about this lastnight...should of checked!

The LSC on my brand new 40's doesnt appear to work, atleast not in a vaguely similar way to my old boxxer teams. Now i've yet to ride the forks offroad since i wound on some LSC but surely you should beable to feel a difference even bouncing around on the street?

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
I put up a thread about this lastnight...should of checked!

The LSC on my brand new 40's doesnt appear to work, at least not in a vaguely similar way to my old boxxer teams. Now I've yet to ride the forks off road since i wound on some LSC but surely you should be able to feel a difference even bouncing around on the street?

You can feel the LSC on the street bouncing around. Send it back to Fox right now because the next thing that won't work is the HSC. If you don't send it back to Fox right now, they will say you were "Negligent."

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
There are pros and cons for both of those forks. Both are a little more maintenance intense than I like for a DH fork. Both work pretty darn good right out of the box. Both are pretty adjustable. Both are pretty light.

The differences:

Fox 40 - Rides more controlled and feels firmer on small bumps. It's a small bit heavier. It tends to hit more rocks due to the very large size. It is stiffer both fore aft and laterally. It only comes in a $1600 version.

Boxxer - Plusher on the small stuff, but the damper is a bit limited in adjustability. The WC is ligher than the 40. You don't hit it as much, but the lowers are not as strong. It does flex more than the 40, but I don't find it a problem. It comes in both a $1600 and $1000 version and both are equally good.