Quantcast

Fox DHX pics

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well I think Fox might have a winner with this one! Maybe they stole some ideas from PUSH industries in making this?

With all the hype of avy's, 5th elements, and swingers for shocks they are all so good. Hopefully Fox can make it in there with them but it's a tight market.

They really need to loose that coil and get a ti one

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Spunger
Well I think Fox might have a winner with this one! Maybe they stole some ideas from PUSH industries in making this?
Entirely different damper/internals, so I doubt they stole anything from Push in the making of this.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by kidwoo
My bike pins your bike down and makes it scream "uncle" once again.

Anybody know availability on these things?
They are shipping OEM now (all the new Cover Peelers have them) and they will be available to the general public by the end of the race season I believe.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Transcend
especially considering proto version of this shock were out about 12-18 months ago.
Yeah, I was going to mention that I had heard something about these shocks a while before I had even heard of Push Industries, but didn't have a time estimate on hand to back that up :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Good, so I can escape the guilt of ordering some standard propedals. That helps. Thanks.
Its a SWEET shock. I rode Jamie Billuk's a few times over the last 3 weeks (cove kid, cnd junior national champ). He is a HUGE Kid, but i coudl dial it back to be almost suitable for me. The adjustments work extremely well.

Really well done, nicely machined etc.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Its a SWEET shock. I rode Jamie Billuk's a few times over the last 3 weeks (cove kid, cnd junior national champ). He is a HUGE Kid, but i coudl dial it back to be almost suitable for me. The adjustments work extremely well.

Really well done, nicely machined etc.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm planning on owning one. I'd rather just get something readily available now and go ride.
But yeah the ones I've seen and bounced on pro folks' bikes seemed to be in the high quality zone for sure.

but dude..........can you huck it?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm planning on owning one. I'd rather just get something readily available now and go ride.
But yeah the ones I've seen and bounced on pro folks' bikes seemed to be in the high quality zone for sure.

but dude..........can you huck it?
I kept asking jamie that for 3 weeks, he lives in Whistler now so I'd guess yes? :p

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Fraser;

If you see Jamie soon, tell him Mike says hi! That kid's a friggin ripper, I had the pleasure to ride with him and Dustin at a camp in Kamloops a couple years ago! He's unbelievably smooth and could (almost) keep up with Dustin top to bottom - not bad for a 15 or 16 year old kid (at the time)

Give this kid a chance and I'm sure you'll see him busting it with the big boys. He's certainly one of the most dedicated amateur riders I've met.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by mental
Fraser;

If you see Jamie soon, tell him Mike says hi! That kid's a friggin ripper, I had the pleasure to ride with him and Dustin at a camp in Kamloops a couple years ago! He's unbelievably smooth and could (almost) keep up with Dustin top to bottom - not bad for a 15 or 16 year old kid (at the time)

Give this kid a chance and I'm sure you'll see him busting it with the big boys. He's certainly one of the most dedicated amateur riders I've met.
That kid is a ripper for sure. He can easily keep up with some of the fastest guys in the country if he can keep it together for a race run. In practice no one can touch him.

Sure did put on some pounds tho from last year! He is also a walking comedy show, so much fun riding with him on and off for 3 weeks, especially the trainingc amp together for 4 days straight. You can't even have a peaceful breakfeast if he is at the table, you are always trying not to spit OJ outta your nose.

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
That kid is a ripper for sure. He can easily keep up with some of the fastest guys in the country if he can keep it together for a race run. In practice no one can touch him.

Sure did put on some pounds tho from last year! He is also a walking comedy show, so much fun riding with him on and off for 3 weeks, especially the trainingc amp together for 4 days straight. You can't even have a peaceful breakfeast if he is at the table, you are always trying not to spit OJ outta your nose.
Ain't that the truth. I haven't seen him since last year's Joyride. Yeah, races seem to get him a little "excited" but perhaps time will help him calm his nerves and get him some clean runs.

Most importantly though, the kid's got huge style and is always smiling on the bike.

You coming out this way over the summer?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
fine ill answer, yes im getting a DHX 5.0 and yes it will be pushed before i even see it, its gonna have a Ti spring too. And it will out perform an Avy :D
Why don't you ride this new Fox before you go making mods to it. It may be perfect right out of the box.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

no but you can buy my old push rc :D
That smiley needs to be a part of the RM repertoire for sure.

If your old one was for your disco, it will only fit my norco which I don't want another shock for.

Well you're selling your disco which was the best bike ever, you're selling your DH2.0 which was the best fork ever, you're selling your pushed RC which was the best shock ever, I'm just hoping your DHX will also be the best shock ever. So what then, two or three weeks? I know this one requires some more tuning time.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth

If your old one was for your disco, it will only fit my norco which I don't want another shock for.

Well you're selling your disco which was the best bike ever, you're selling your DH2.0 which was the best fork ever, you're selling your pushed RC which was the best shock ever, I'm just hoping your DHX will also be the best shock ever. So what then, two or three weeks? I know this one requires some more tuning time.
errr! Im not selling the fork, i just ordered 2 WB DH 1.8s, and im keeping mine, im not selling my fork, i did that just to screw around and get Brian going ;) but i will sell it in a few months when the new WB comes out, i cant say anything but it will be awsome just wait :cool:

the disco is sold, the push is the best shock ever and its not yet for sale

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Well after a good 3-4 weeks of solid curbs and stairs, the Disco, 2.0 and PUSH can't handle the abuse its being shown. Thats why he's not going to N* he's afraid the bike would disintegrate if it got dirty, or he would be having trouble selling a part that looks like its been actually used.:p

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Pushed fox shoxs do not have adjustable pedaling platform or progressiveness(well they don't even have ANY progressiveness).

That's why I am waiting for the DHX, I am interested in it, as well as the Evolver for my other bike. Not that I'll go out and buy these shocks, and not that they'll be "great", but just based on what we know, I am interested.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
errr! Im not selling the fork, i just ordered 2 WB DH 1.8s, and im keeping mine, im not selling my fork, i did that just to screw around and get Brian going ;) but i will sell it in a few months when the new WB comes out, i cant say anything but it will be awsome just wait :cool:

the disco is sold, the push is the best shock ever and its not yet for sale
So you're keeping the DH2.0 to wait for the new james bond WB fork and in the meantime ordered two other WB downhill forks. You must have a pretty badass pub/commuter bike.

So you coming to northstar so I can heckle you in person or what?