Quantcast

Fox geeks

RideHard

Monkey
Apr 4, 2005
I Have my 06 36 van cracked open, does anyone know how to readjust the bottom out control? I called fox and they said it was very easy to do, and I should do it myself rather than pay 150$ for them to do it. They mentioned spacers in the cart. I found all the spacers but fox failed to tell me in what order to place them in. Any ideas? i didnt see it in any of the service manuals that i was using.

thanx a bunch

RideHard

Monkey
Apr 4, 2005
Those are some of the service manuals that i used, The bottom out is a very simple system, i just have no idea what order the spacers go in

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
The firmest bottom out setting is with the glide ring furthest away from the rebound piston, closest to the end of the shaft. The 07 forks use a new black one instead of the old, blue one that is a tighter fit and provides more bottom out resistance. I have the part #, I can let you know tomorrow.

The tricky thing is that you need the 10wt fox oil, which they do not sell yet.

The firmest bottom out setting is with the glide ring furthest away from the rebound piston, closest to the end of the shaft. The 07 forks use a new black one instead of the old, blue one that is a tighter fit and provides more bottom out resistance. I have the part #, I can let you know tomorrow.

The tricky thing is that you need the 10wt fox oil, which they do not sell yet.
Is fox oil nessesary? Or can you just use any 10 wt suspension fluid?

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
Just make sure it doesnt have seal swelling additives.

Remember that not all "10wt" oil is the same, so you may end up using a thicker, or thinner viscosity.